Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Jayco roof warranty
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco roof warranty

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
BAMA JAYBIRD

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/09 08:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2007 jayco jayflight tt with a 10 yr. warranty on the roof if I remember correctly. Didn't want to dig throught the paper work. I read so much information being posted about removing caulk and adding different sealants. If this has been tampered with wouldn't that make the warranty voided. My DH doesn't want to walk on roof, uses ladder with long brush to clean and water hose to rinse. We're open to all suggestions.

skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/09 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your roof warranty isn't from Jayco, it's from the roofs manufacturer and is ONLY for the roof membrane itself not the seams or through roof openings, air conditioner gasket etc. As long as the Rubber or vinyl material doesn't let water through AND you haven't used a forbidden product on your RUBBER roof there's no warranty issue even if the seams leak like a sieve.
Good luck / skip

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/09 08:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With my last Starcraft Pop Up, I had the Starcraft factory do the recaulking. It was then shown to be maintained.

Since Jayco's factory doesn't do routine maintanence, I'm having one of their recommended service centers do it. I will have them inspect and recaulk the trailer as needed. It keeps me off the roof with a bad knee and gets me some security coverage should something fail. Doing it myself, I leave myself open to disagreement if it's a warranty issue or lack of maintanence. Having the dealer do it leaves them or the warranty accountable for a failure and repairs. Having an authorized service center do the work seems the better IMO as they are the trained experts with the know how and how to, to get the job done correctly.

Have a good one.

2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
29'1" bumper to hitch, 8' wide, 6'9" ceiling, 5050# unloaded and ~6500# loaded.

2012 F150
5.0L, CC, 5.5' bed, 3.73 Locker, 4x4, TBC, 360 Hp/380# Torq, 9300# Tow/1050# Hitch Rating, 1582 lbs payload. Great TV!

Campers and Trucks

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Jayco roof warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS