Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Class B - Camping Van Conversions: Transit connect RV?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Transit connect RV?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
PETE BEALE

northamptonshire England

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/09 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TRY and sleep in a TRANSIT CONNECT. Dont be silly ..you may as well try and sleep in the trunk of a car!!! They are too small for anything other than to carry a small tool box. we have had them for years and wouldnt touch one .

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/09 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've checked them out in person and I don't think they are anywhere near as "roomy" as the old VW vans were. (using the word 'roomy' loosely)

Yeah Julie... my Sienna was nearly double the price if you look at MSRP.

Mumkin
2011 LTV Libero

jambo101

Montreal (Lasalle)

View Profile

Posted: 12/17/09 03:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks too small for anything but weekend camping but i know people who have spent whole summers in VW buses which look about the same convenience wise.

"Second star to the right, and straight on till morning."

juliev

SE Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/09 09:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mumkin wrote:

I'd say my B- in my Sienna is roomier... The Transit provides a higher roof, but you still can't stand.

I could be wrong, but I bet my Toyota drives better. Now... no one is allowed to mention the price variation.

The Transits were in the $20000 - $24000 range, depending upon the options included (not alot to choose from) They rode OK probably not as nice as a regular passenger van, but they were surprisingly nimble and quick on the road. I did give them a real good run, about 20+ each way miles up through some hilly farm country.

If you put in some insulation and carpet they could have a much quieter ride. I still think they would be OK for camping with or without a tent on the back, but you wouldn't have room for much more than a place to sleep. I suppose you could build up a platform in the back with a mattress on top and storage down below.

I'm not working at Ford anymore so they probably won't let me in to take pictures of the inside for you.

Julie

mumkin

Minnetonka, MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/09 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd say my B- in my Sienna is roomier... The Transit provides a higher roof, but you still can't stand.

I could be wrong, but I bet my Toyota drives better. Now... no one is allowed to mention the price variation.

juliev

SE Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/09 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I drove a few of these when I was working at the local Ford dealership. I gave it a good look, from a B owner's point of view, and figured it would be much too small for a camper. It would probably work to throw an air mattress in the back and sleep in there on occasion (if you're short) but it's too small and not tall enough inside to make a good B.

hone eagle

essex ontario canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/09 07:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

juliev wrote:

I drove a few of these when I was working at the local Ford dealership. I gave it a good look, from a B owner's point of view, and figured it would be much too small for a camper. It would probably work to throw an air mattress in the back and sleep in there on occasion (if you're short) but it's too small and not tall enough inside to make a good B.

Some one said it would have to have a attached tent to extend the living area ,like a truktent or what GM Aztec used.

2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
maxbrake controller

bobojay5

Eastern Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/09 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe a B- huh?

Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Sprinter Class B Van
Our Second Sprinter

teweir

Northern, VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/09 10:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two European camper conversion for the TC on YouTube. Sorry I don't have links. You'll need to dig around. They both have folding beds.

Hit The Road Jack

Treasure Coast of Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/09 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 'CLICK TO ENLARGE' feature doesn't seem to be working, it's still too small to be converted into an RV......IMHO naturally...

2010 Ford Transit Connect

2006 DIY Dodge Badged Sprinter Conversion

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Transit connect RV?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS