Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Nexus RV....anybody own one or know anything about them?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Nexus RV....anybody own one or know anything about them?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
axg1040

Virginia Beach

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/11 04:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As part of my search process for our new class C I came across this company.
http://www.nexusrv.com/
Looks like they are a new RV company that sells direct.
Was looking to see if anybody owns one or has checked them out.
We are heading up to the Hershey show in Sept and hopefully they are there so we can check them out.
Thanks

2006 Lazy Daze 27'rear bath model.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/11 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not have a Nexus. They had several models at a FMCA rally we attended last month. One of the owners is a former Gulf Stream employee. Many of the features are similar to Gulf Stream products.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

Ductape Dave

New Jersey, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was talking with the owners at the Hershey RV show and was very impressed being a skeptic. I asked a ton of questions and liked the answers I got. Have to say for the money buying direct without a dealer saves a great deal of money. After seeing the roof truss with 2-1/2" at the ends and 5" at the center( great thickness for heat/cool loss and gain), alloy steel frame that is 60-70% stronger than aluminum, automotive window gaskets instead of campers caulk, amish built quality cabinets, standard features that are optional on other coaches, fiberglass roof with no seams and curved at the edges (instead of sloppy caulk and screws), best use of storage areas and personal service, I am in the process of purchasing one now. I have researched & shopped for many months and this is the best quality rv for my money. I could not stand the swindling dealers and how they try to manipulate you. Plus I get to order the coach the way I want. I would suggest if your interested, visit the Nexus website and give them a call. JMHO.

* This post was edited 10/05/11 01:24pm by Ductape Dave *

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/11 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are supposed to be fantastic RV's. Everybody I've talked to loves them.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

2IdahoTravelers

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/11 08:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mid August we purchased a 31 foot Phantom Class C by Nexus. We have just finished spending 8 weeks in our new home and cannot say enough positive about it. It is spacious, luxurious, convenient and loaded with extras you usually don't see until rigs priced 20-40,000 higher. The E-450 chassis is powerful and dependable and gave us a predictable 8-10 mpg.

The buying experience was pleasant beyond our wildest dreams, and Claude and Dave (the owners) handle all the sales themselves, giving very personal and flexible buying.

After many years of camping it is a real pleasure to have the upgraded luxuries of a queen-sized walkaround bed, microwave, automatic ignition of furnace, water heater and generator and the large shower and TV. Storage exceeds everything we could want (we've only used about 1/2 of it) and the tow options will allow us the freedom to bring a dinghy vehicle if we wish.

The driving and handling is fantastic. I do most of the driving as my husband is somewhat handicapped, and I quickly adjusted to the smooth ride and steering. We have had it on narrow winding roads, freeways, and even downtown Chicago (at rush hour, of course)yet the vehicle performed beyond anything I expected.

I can't say enough for this company and what it gives you for the price!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Nexus RV....anybody own one or know anything about them?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS