Woodalls Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Bodega Bay, CA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Desert1

El Dorado Hills, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/03 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone share some info on this RV park?? Thank You...

Luv To Fish

Pilot Point, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/03 11:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desrt1 , We drove through the park and it looked clean - alot of asphalt , not like the County & State (no hook ups but alot of ground). Still a nice looking park.

RamCaTL

Roseville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sonoma County Parks runs the parks that were mentioned like Doran Beach, Westside and Stillwater Cove. For reservations, you can visit Sonoma County Camping. Doran Beach is a great day area to fly a kite or play in the sand & surf, but it is very windy for camping (forget about the awning) and there is a foghorn that goes off 24/7 at Bodega Head that can bother light sleepers. There is some camping, I'm told, where the spots are set up in circles with some protection - but not all the way out on the Jetty. If you want the ocean on one side and the bay on the other, this is the place for you..

There is also the the Sonoma Coast State Beach (a.k.a. Bodega Dunes) which is just north of town. Also, the Sonoma Coast State Beach park is affiliated with Wright's Beach which, I understand, is a nice place if you want to actually camp right near the ocean where you can see and hear it. I am going to the Sonoma Coast State Beach (Bodega Dunes) this weekend as a matter of fact.. Going for the first time with my trailer. Reservations can be made online at Reserve America Bodega Dunes offers trees and protection from the wind. There is a trail to the Bay and another to the Ocean. This will be my first time camping there, so I'll report back what I find out.

If you are looking for an actual RV park, you are in luck! The Bodega Bay RV Park has full hookups, including sewer and you can check out their website:Bodega Bay RV Park. We've stayed there and it is nice, has a good Italian & Mexican restaurant on premise as well as a coffee place (mocha, latte, etc.) open in the mornings and a little store. Don't expect to walk to the ocean from here, however, unless you are an intrepid hiker and wish to spend several hours on your journey.

This RV park is just south (like 1 driveway away) of the Bodega Dunes Park.

*This Message was edited on 26-Feb-03 08:55 PM by RamCaTL*

RamCaTL & Family
Kelty Family Dome Tent
One Wife, Two Kids and Chester the Miniature Pinscher
Go Sacramento KINGS!
http://www.thompent.com/camping/index.html

wellsdesigned

Above the Sacramento Fog, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at the State park there for our "shake down" of the new trailer over a year ago. If you don't need hook-ups, I'd recommend it.

2002 2500HD 4X4 Ext. Cab 6.0L V8
2004 Eagle Cap 850 Camper w/slide-out

Visit my Truck Camper Travels site.

Tracy, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

desert 1 - I know of 4 parks at bodega bay - Doran Beach, Westside, 1 at the harbor and 1 on the hill. there may be more??? I've stayed at Doran Beach and Westside - no hookups at these.
The ones at the harbor and on the hill have full hookups. The harbor is like a parking lot. Hillside looked okay but sites seemed close to me.
My favorite is doran. go here:
http://www.sonoma-county.org/parks/camping

Semper Fi

Support those troops and Semper Fi!

'01 F350 EC LB 4X4 PSD Marine Green and Gold pulling an '02 Cameo F29KS3

Desert1

El Dorado Hills, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silly question...are you allowed to run your generator at these State Parks ( reasonable hours of course )?? I'm looking for places to go within 2-3 hours of Sacramento. Thanks again for all of your help.

KampingKris

Folsom, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 09:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've stayed at the Dunes many times and yes, you can use a generator - but according to state park rules. The sites are pretty well spaced. We also stayed at Wrights Beach - but you need reservations in advance.

KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR

KampingKris

Folsom, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think the rules address generators directly, but is related to not running anything during "quiet hours." Did you check the state park website - http://cal-parks.ca.gov?
I've never been to a state park that didn't allow generators - just defined what times you can run them (usually not before 8 a.m. or after 9-10 p.m.)

Desert1

El Dorado Hills, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RamCaTL...I would be interested in hearing how your weekend goes @ the Dunes. I don't need to stay in the RV Park, UNLESS I can't run my generator @ the Dunes. Thanks for the heads up on the foghorn...that would be a real bummer.

Desert1

El Dorado Hills, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/03 09:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've looked thru the State Rules and can't seem to find anything about "Generators". Does anyone have a link, or know what they are? Your help has been Great!! Thank you.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS