Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Apollo 1/2 Time Oven

Posted By: carsnmar on 12/26/06 08:14pm

We bought a 2006 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel in Sept. 05. It came
equipped with an Apollo Half Time Covection Microwave Over the Range
Oven. Well, just over the Holidays the Oven just stopped working. I tried calling Apollo, but the 800 number is disconnected. Any help
would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Posted By: SooperDaddy on 12/26/06 08:56pm

A lot(and I mean a LOT!) of owners on this forum have had problems with the Apollo HalfTime! I hear`Sears will handle warranty issues, but it is usually more cost effective just to buy a new one. Montana owners club website is a good start.

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

Posted By: superflatz on 12/27/06 09:51am

I absolutely love ours. Think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do hate to hear that you all are having a rough time.

Rest assured, when you do get a decent one, it really is awesome. Where else can you cook a 4 lb rib roast in 1 hour (including browning)?

2008 Dodge 6.7L diesel, 4X4 auto 1 ton dually.
2005 Keystone Montana 3500RL.
Retired September, 2005.

See our blog at: www.americanfulltimers.com

Posted By: rockintom on 12/26/06 09:56pm

carsnmar wrote:

We bought a 2006 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel in Sept. 05. It came
equipped with an Apollo Half Time Covection Microwave Over the Range
Oven. Well, just over the Holidays the Oven just stopped working. I tried calling Apollo, but the 800 number is disconnected. Any help
would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

I have had problems with mine.....I have a direct line # for Tammy at Midwest Sales....574-472-4283 rings to her desk. Sears does handle the labor portion of repairs. I'm not impressed with this brand of microwave/oven. I will leave it at that! Tom

Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

Posted By: richfaa on 12/26/06 10:31pm

Call Apollo Warranty at 574-472-4283 Ask for Lynn. She is a very nice lady. The Apollo 1/2 time oven is not of the highest quality but Apollo will replace them and replace them and repair them and repair them. Can you tell that mine is belly up.

2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

Posted By: pandcc3 on 12/27/06 08:55am

We have this same oven in our '06 Newmar Torrey Pine. It shorted itself out (with a lot of sparks and crackle and burning smell)after about 4 months of occasional weekend use. We called our dealer who put us in direct contact with Tammy at Midwest Sales. They shipped a new microwave to us and we swapped out the defective one ourselves as we were on vacation in CO with no service center within a reasonable drive. I'm extremely thankful it didn't catch the RV on fire. I see Newmar has changed the brand of microwave in the '07 models. I'll give the Apollo one more chance and then I'll be looking at another brand too.

Posted By: WTTCS on 12/30/06 12:41pm

There are several reason why yours may have stopped. One is the rubber seal around the door. Most that stop, the clock still works ,nothing else. If yours is doing this, take it our unplug it for 10 minutes, clean the area, wipe the thing off and reinstall. If that doent fix it, you remove it , throw the sucker away and go to wally world and get a GE that fits the same space. Normally the unplugging works, good luck.

Posted By: rockintom on 12/27/06 10:09am

superflatz wrote:

I absolutely love ours. Think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do hate to hear that you all are having a rough time.

Rest assured, when you do get a decent one, it really is awesome. Where else can you cook a 4 lb rib roast in 1 hour (including browning)?

Oh when it works...it does a fine job with microwave/convection cooking.

It when it craps out (especially more than once) and the problems you have getting it fixed - that's the issue. Our RV manufacturer doesn't use this brand anymore either. All of our RV friends that own the Apollo have had multiple failures in the first year. Coincidence? I doubt it. Glad yours is a good one!

Posted By: richfaa on 12/30/06 12:26pm

When it works it is great but ours has been broke more than it has worked Apollo just repaied it again two days ago and it " works great"

Posted By: richfaa on 12/30/06 08:57pm

WTTCS is correct..That rubber seal..Apollo calls it the "door choke)??? Will come loose and prevent the door from closing all the way..it is very brittle and will break if pushed on hard..The oven will work without The "door choke) but will leak micro waves and in a short time you will turn into the "swamp thing".He is also correct in "rebooting" the oven. Throw the breaker or unplug it, wait 20 seconds and retry..it may work. There is also a fuse on the inside that if blown will render the thing useless.His best advise is to "throw the sucker away and get the GE"..they have them at Home Depot.Can you tell we have had "problems" with our Apollo.

Print  |  Close