Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Trail-Air Roto-Flex ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Trail-Air Roto-Flex ???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
geewiz

Canada & Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/08 08:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have just been checking out the brochure for the 08 Cardinals and they list the Trail-Air Roto-Flex as an option, even show a picture of it in the brochure.
However, the Trail-Air Roto-Flex is still not listed on the Trail-Air web site.
Has anyone gotten this pin-box up grade?
What do you think?

Glen & Susan
http://palapalife.blogspot.com/

Camping Dutchman

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/08 08:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watch how much they charge for that little option. You might be better off waiting.

* This post was edited 04/02/08 04:48am by Camping Dutchman *

2008 Chevy 3500 cc DRW Duramax
2009 Cedar Creek Silverback 35L4QBS
Pull Rite 20.5 super 5th

2004 United Specialties Sold
stop by, theres always a seat by the fire

Member:Good Sam Club Haulin Highlanders

jim.mcgallan

Edmonton,Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/08 09:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have it on my northshore 320ts-m5 and I love it. it is much like a shock absorbing hitch but uses rubber instead of shocks. Came with mine but like I said, I love it.

Jim Mcgallan
2008 F-350 6.8l V10 4X4 CC LB 4.30 gears, Lariat loaded with/Nav.
2007 Dutchman Northshore 320TS-M5
1 beautiful wife (25 years) and 2 adorable collies

kccamper

Stilwell Ks

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/08 10:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Trail Air Rotoflex on my new Crossroads Seville. I too noticed it was not on Trail Airs website, but it came with the unit. I've towed about 150 mi with it mostly on concrete hwys and it worked great. No chucking, smooth as silk. I would not hesitate to recommend it

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/08 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen it on a Cedar Creek, it appears to be similar to the Mor/Ryde pin box. If it works as good as the Mor/Ryde it will be a good investment. For the first time we are using the Trail-Air pin box, with the Air bag and the trail-air equa flex suspension. Its a little to soon to say for sure but so for it seem to be a good combo. However I am also using the B&W turnover ball with the Companion 5th wheel hitch and I can say without a doubt its the best and so simple to install and remove of any hitch I have owned. Can be removed in 10 minutes by 1 person and your Truck bed is clean. No noise, or chucking at all. Good Luck with your decision. GBY....

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

geewiz

Canada & Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/08 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping Dutchman wrote:

Watch how much they charge for that little option. You might be better off waiting.

I found one site that offers the Roto-Flex as an after market purchase for 449.00 and it is only for one hitch, the Lippert 1621, and says that it is still in development by Trail-Air.
http://www.tweetys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=15951
By the way, we have a 05 cardinal that I want to add a new pin-box, and am considering all that are available T-A, 5th Airborne, Morryde, etc.
Which pin-box do you think you might go with on your Cedar Creek? And Why?

PaulandTammy

Elk Creek, Ky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/08 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping Dutchman wrote:

The Trail-Air Rota-Flex is not an option it is standard equipment on the later 2008 Cardinals. The brochure has been changed since the first of the year. The new list of standard equipment and options are on the Cardinal web site and in the NEW 2008 brochure. You should not have to pay a dime extra for the ROTA-FLEX. The Trail-Air AIR RIDE pin box is an option but I was happy with the Rota-Flex. It is very similar to the Mor-Ryde pin box. The Trail-Air ROTA-FLEX is standard and the Trail-Air AIR-RIDE is the optioal pin box.

The other change in the Cardinal standard equipment is that it now comes with Goodyear tires.

* This post was last edited 04/02/08 10:34am by PaulandTammy *   View edit history

PaulandTammy

2006 D3500 4x4 Cummins 6 spd DRW
2009 Cardinal 362 BHLE

Traveler II

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/08 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2008 Cardinal with the Trail-Air. We headed out 3 week ago for a 3 month trip and have driven abut 1,800 miles so far. The Trail-Air has worked great. As we travel I find I need to add or subtract air based on temperature and elevation. There still is some chucking.

We also have the trail-air equal flex suspension and air shocks on the truck.

This is our first 5th wheel and the only time I have pulled. So I'm not sure what it would be like to not have the suspension or Trail-Air. So far it has been good, but the ride is not as good as the HM we had before.

We have had some difficulties hooking up. I'm not sure if it's the Trail-Air or not, but if I let the air out of the bag I can hook right up. In fairness, we're new to this, so it can just be a learning thing.

2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2011 - 165
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 118

Camping Dutchman

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/08 05:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PaulandTammy wrote:

Camping Dutchman wrote:

The Trail-Air Rota-Flex is not an option it is standard equipment on the later 2008 Cardinals. The brochure has been changed since the first of the year. The new list of standard equipment and options are on the Cardinal web site and in the NEW 2008 brochure. You should not have to pay a dime extra for the ROTA-FLEX. The Trail-Air AIR RIDE pin box is an option but I was happy with the Rota-Flex. It is very similar to the Mor-Ryde pin box. The Trail-Air ROTA-FLEX is standard and the Trail-Air AIR-RIDE is the optioal pin box.

The other change in the Cardinal standard equipment is that it now comes with Goodyear tires.

Nice I have a previous brochure. thanks for the info!!

bwalkerc2

Lithia Springs, Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/08 07:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had mine for about a year now. I really can't compare it to not having one since this is my first FW but I can say that I beleive the air ride hitches would be better. On I-10 from Macon, GA to Savannah, GA the concrete interstate will chuck you to death. If I had a regular FW pin box, I most probably would find another route to take. I also have both the roto-flex and the e-flex suspension w/shocks which I know makes a difference because my TT cabinet contents would be everywhere when we would arrive at our destinations but with the FW nothing hardly moves inside the cabinets.

2008 Denali 31RGBS-M5 w/every option available including Trailair Rota-Flex Pin Box, Equa-Flex suspension, and Shocks.
2003 2500HD 4X4 CC D/A, Prodigy, Reese 16K slider hitch, Garmin 330C, XM Radio.
Wife (Princess) and 2 children (dachsund & sheltie mix)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Trail-Air Roto-Flex ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS