Woodalls Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: I
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 39  
Next
rondeb

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/09 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I

* This post was last edited 09/21/14 09:11pm by rondeb *   View edit history

Screamingeagle

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/09 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for the link. As we are bikers and dog lovers I`ve enjoyed it. Pitbulls can be some of the sweetest dogs there are.

Screamingeagle
2008 F450 Lariat
2008 Big Sky 340RLQ
Drew and Judi and the boxer boys

ronharp

Salem, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/09 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terrific blog. It seems like the older I get the more frustrating it is to deal with prejudices of all types. Generally speaking people have fears with no justifiable facts behind them. I was attacked by a vicious guard dog(aren't they all) a few weeks ago. He dashed out of the carport, across the street with his teeth bared, his ears forward, his tail wagging so hard I thought it might go flying off. He threatened to eat me if I did not scratch him under the chin, behind the ears, above the tail and apply a good deal of general massage on his little body. He is becoming a legend in the neighborhood as he seems to be starved for affection and lets his demands be know to all who pass. He also happens to be one of the cutest little chihuahuas I've ever seen. Along those same lines we watched "Dog Town" a few weeks ago. They are a "no kill" operation in southern Utah that got a bunch of Vick's dogs. They had 5? that some judge ordered to never be adopted out. They had a bunch that merely needed some training and a few that were nearly ready for adoption upon their arrival.
I intend to read your blog in full over time.

Ron

Ron, Linda and Charlie Dog
MADP 4301
Grand Cherokee Toad

beemerchef

On the road...

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/09 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is a sad state of affairs this whole Media hypw toward Pits... 25 months or so on the road and we have only met people with positive expressions. I keep wondering where the anti- Pits are? probably in their four walled offices...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ our website and Blog

Hornet28BHDS

Parker, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/09 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the link!

* This post was edited 01/16/09 08:25pm by Hornet28BHDS *

2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

beemerchef

On the road...

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/09 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Spirit is in Love...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog

rondeb

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/09 10:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My gosh, Is that a dog, a goat or something else. Cute Photo

beemerchef

On the road...

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/09 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think my dog fell in love with the goat...

Time to “reboot“, Tx

When one meets and finds Friendship awakening long lost feelings of happiness, that “one” being “myself”, I can only find it proper to dedicate my thoughts on this Blog to her, my Friend being Kristi, having spend a few days here, in this calm “Oasis” of ours poking the mind to find a better balance.
She is gone now, back to her own Life, we are here now back to what I feel will be a new Life on higher grounds wearing a bigger smile. The smiles were complemented yesterday by riding a new road which the locals call “Valley of the Moon” passing by “Ice Cream Mountain”. More Masterpieces from the hands of Mother Nature working so hard to show us the beauty that surrounds us.
The road leading was an easy one in most places, a bit more challenging crossing a few dry creek beds, sometimes having to walk it first considering the fact that turning the hack around is a more difficult task than when being on two wheels.
The Treasures are all around us, again this was out of the beaten path, as we like it.
Enjoy the Photos…
Be well, Ara & Spirit

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

* This post was edited 01/16/09 06:36pm by an administrator/moderator *

Brent and Gina

Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/09 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aweseome blog and story. Thank you.

beemerchef

On the road...

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/09 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to Shafter Ghost Town...

A beautiful day, 300 miles of blue ribbon roads, a Ghost Town to wander with camera and senses in hand, Spirit in a jovial mood… what else can one wish for winter times?
I like Ghost Towns, they make me think a lot as they also make me imagine the past lives living on the same very same steps I take. Shafter also has a great Memorial Historical building always open with many photos hanging, stories as one could spend hours feeling part of it all.
We are taking off tomorrow morning for a couple weeks to the Hill Country. It is that time, cold or not, they called us… Del Rio first and then on north to some spaces we have been told to not miss. Have to be back by the 3rd for a Doctor’s appointment and then it will be on to Death Valley for February. They say it is good month for it. I am sure I will find Internet connections as we go along, but activating RSS feed is always the sure way to keep up with the Blog which I voice tape while traveling and eventually type with some strange results sometimes. We also have been loaned a SPOT for “help”, “emergencies” and also the tracking feature has been enabled. The link is on the Blog.
Be well… give us a wave! Ara & Spirit

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

* This post was edited 01/20/09 02:01pm by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 39  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS