Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Class A vs Super C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Class A vs Super C

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
camrsmn

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/09 10:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What are the benefits of a Class A over a Super C?

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/09 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You get to stay at all the snobby class A only resorts.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Home Skillet

Pearland Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 10:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None, I think.

2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,SmarTire,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

snowhawkwoman

Lyons, KS

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super C's are more aerodynamic.....

And yes, If you want to stay at some RV resorts...many only allow Class A's, not Super C's (even though many Super C's cost way more than some Class A's)

that's about it......

Snowhawkwoman
Big Owl
dogs Xena,Phoebe,Spooker,Skippy,Zoe,Taz
Punky - the amazing insane Rving Squirrel
1997 Fleetwood Jamboree 29'
The traveling Zoo!

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 11:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

having never sat in a super C cab I do not know how they compare with standard Cs which to me are the same as a pickup or Van. whereas my Class A front end seats like a recliner in the living room. In fact my passenger seat is a recliner. and why not buy the real thing instead of just a pretender?
bumpy

steelpony5555

Copperas Cove Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Super C's are no pickup. The cab area is just as comfortable as any A. I would also think the Super C's would handle a lot better then some of the low end gas A's or maybe all the gas A's. I have never driven a Super but I have driven alot of box trucks with that chassis and cab, and they all handled better then any A I have driven. As was said some Supers are more then some gas A's. Plus you have driver and passenger doors that are easier to get out of. Keeps the dirt and oil out of the living area from gas fill-ups. I don't think you lose very much room inside as on alot of A's it is a pain to turn the driver and passenger seats around so they can be part of the living area anyways. I have had class A's, but if I ever went back to a MH I would definitly look for a Super C.

06 Montana 3000RK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)
10 Cadillac CTS
Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

dezertcamper

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super C's are really, really nice. We looked at getting one as our original intent was to get a regular class C. A regular class C did not have the towing capacity that I needed and the fuel and water tanks are to small for me. Also in the used market a used class A is cheaper, and you get way more for your doller then a regular class C. Bigger fuel and water tanks, hydraulic jacks and way more towing capacity.

Thats why I was looking at a Super C as the towing and tanks are the same as a Class A. The biggest problem is unless your looking to buy new, there are not many used Super C's out their and the prices are still really high.

Now with a Super C or any class C you do lose space compaired to the class A as the engine and drivers area are not useable space. So a 30 ft class C really has 24 foot of coach area. But what we really liked about a C or the Super C is the fact that you have the above bunk which gives you 2 true large sleeping areas without effecting the general living area. Also the upper bunk is a great place to store stuff and to get it off the floor when camping.

In 2008 we bought a 2003 32' Fleetwood Southwind and love it. But I would not rule out buying a Super C, if the time ever comes where we are looking for another MH. My wife loved the Weekend Warrior Super C with the side hallway. I too agree it was a great floor plan, as the bathroom was nice and big. But buying new was not even an option for us.

Rex & Shirley

Bastrop, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If we ever get another MH it will be a Super C on a Peterbuilt or KW chassis. I'm really tired of the extra cost for repairs and parts because an A is a speciality box full of weird parts only available from mfgs. that don't care and a dealer network that really doesn't care past the sale. I like the MH we have and will use it for many years to come hopefully but the silly things like having to remove the gen set to change the fan belt, which requires a chasis lift for the MH and a fork lift to get the gen set out, are just stupid. Our old Win. Itasca Horizon had the license plate light bulb burn out and it turned out to be a speciality, sealed assy. only available form Winny at $12.00 each and took two weeks to get. And the list goes on.

Rex & Shirley S.
4 big dogs in a
Gulf Stream FriendShip

TobinZeke

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/09 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am wondering the same thing as we are in the market for a motorhome for the family Wife, 2 daughters and 2 labs to go camping and some 1 week to 2 week long trips here and there...

We are looking at a Class A 2006 Monaco Monarch and also
Class C 2007 Coachman Leprechaun

big jimbo

Carson City, NV/Surprise, AZ./Florence,OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/09 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never owned anything but a Class A, but I would prefer a Super C. Only problem is I own lots at two places that only allow Class A.

Jim and Sally and a Lakeland Terrier named Rufus
Carson City, NV/Surprise,AZ/Florence,OR
2001 Country Coach Affinity, 40'
Towing a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with a Blue Ox tow bar and using a Brake Buddy.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Class A vs Super C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS