Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Roadtrek Popular 190 Sewer Hose
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek Popular 190 Sewer Hose

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
booster

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/09 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We replaced ours pre-emptively with a Sani-con hose and PVC and heavy rubber under the van. We knew it would break and didn't want to have to deal with it on the road. We have been very happey with the results. The dealer and Roadtrek wouldn't do anything until it actually broke, so it worked out the best for us.

Me&Ma- You are very lucky to have such a good dealer. We have been much better off just to fix our own stuff, or go directly with Roadtrek, as the dealer is not much help. When we first got our , very early, new roof style 190, it had the wrong owners manual with it (old roof style). By the time we bought it (in fall 08), Roadrek had a new manual online, and we requested one from the dealer. We were told we could BUY the new manual from them, or download, print, and bind it ourselves. Roadtrek sent us one right away when contacted. And many other things. Count your blessings!

roadrunner16

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/09 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2008 210 P with 17,000+ miles on it. My sewer hose got a leak in it so I had it replaced. Since I had more then 14,000 miles on it it was not covered under the warrenty. so I had to pay $208.00.
The hose they put on is stiffer and green. Knowing what I know now I would have gone to CW and got one for far less. I have replaced one on my 2007 myself and it was hard but not $208.00 hard. Roadtrek hasent learned to put good products on there rigs even though they charge a good price for them.

retired4fun2002

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/09 12:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear the problem with your RT190....but in the area of sewer hose - I am not surprised!!! There has been numerous complaints in the last couple of years about their hose and how cheesy it is. I know your under warranty, but your sanity and enjoying the road, not the waiting room of an RV Repair Facility, go and have them order you a hose thru RVSani-con and your on your way.

Roadtrek, I know you monitor this Forum, please do yourself a favor and upgrade that hose...it is going to cost you bad publicity and probably sales in the future.

The RT is a great machine, fortunately I never have had any problems with warranty (never had anything break)and have learned how to do a lot of sel-repair (thanks Roger and the silent pump for one).

Safe travels,

DrJoeB

Who cares

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/09 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4 Weeks? OMG you could have driven to the factory in 2 from where you at. Why in the world would you wait for 4 weeks. Grab a compatible hose and put it on yourself; if that's not a real option, get jiffy lube guy or in independent shop to do it for you.

+3 SMB
-1 Roadtrek
+1 Pleasureway

ROADTREKKER2000

WESTERN WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/09 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yaxche59 wrote:

I recently purchased a 2009 Roadtrek Popular 190. Currently I am "stuck" in the state of Missouri because my sewer hose fell apart. I found a wonderful place that does warrenty work for Roadtrek and they said replacing the hose shouldn't be a problem. This was 4 weeks ago. My patience and the remainder of my sewer hose is gone. My question is simple and I would love to get some feedback. Is Roadtrek always this slow in shipping parts? I know when I had work done on the generator Roadtrek was slow in shipping the part needed but I didn't think a sewer hose would be this difficult. I have been on the phone with Roadtrek and the current situation is "we are trying to track down the hose we sent out by UPS. The hose is on its way but it is lost in the mail. Life is never dull.

Unfortunately, we have not had good experience with Roadtrek dealers in our region and we never go to a Roadtrek dealer for service.

Our sewer hose lasted 10 seasons, but fell apart in September. I took it to an RV service facitiy nearby and got it replaced in 1 day. We are fortunate to have several RV dealers nearby which will repair most makes of RV's.

Papa , Lois Griz

2000 Roadtrek 200 Popular

mmckell

Central Coast CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/09 06:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2008 RT 170 and had to replace the hose about 10 months in....it was white and almost imposssible to stuff back into its compartment. It was replaced with a Thetford (I believe)Sani-con hose (small diameter) which is ever so much more flexible and super-easy to get back into its compartment (with extra space to spare). They can't be that expensive.....you might be ahead of the game if you just go ahead and order one from a local RV dealer and have them install.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions

> Roadtrek Popular 190 Sewer Hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS