Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Workhorse air bags
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Workhorse air bags

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
EdT

Indianola, MS, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/09 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My front air bags no longer hold air. I have the P32032 18,000# 2001 chassis. I need the appropriate Air Lift part number. Would someone please help me out. Also would appreciate the name of a good seller. Thanks, Ed

Ed Traweek
1999 Coachmen Santara 351 SB

kd7cxg

McMinnville, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/09 03:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EdT wrote:

My front air bags no longer hold air. I have the P32032 18,000# 2001 chassis. I need the appropriate Air Lift part number. Would someone please help me out. Also would appreciate the name of a good seller. Thanks, Ed

Ed, I have an old Camping World catalog, in it the Air Lift bag is #1000 and the cost is $72.22 each. President Club member price was $64.99 each, this is from a 2007 catalog. Any RV repair place should have them or be able to get them for you.

Tom

2002 Winnebago Brave 30W 8.1L
TOADS: 2004 Jeep Liberty, 2010 Toyota Corolla
Brazels Ultra Power Mod(CAI,ECM,Aero Turbine Mufflers,Plugs & Wires)
Rear Trac Bar,Safe-T-Plus,UltraTrac Bellcrank
Park Brake Upgrade Kit
Good Sam Lifetime Member
FMCA F277504

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/09 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since this is factory original equipment you could probably get it at NAPA and they will find it in their catalog,

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire, Workhorse W22, 2008 Saturn Vue, Falcon 5250, & US Gear Unified Tow Brake

dalehelman

Liberty Lake (Spokane) Wa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/09 04:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When the air bags go in our P32 workhorse. I plan on replacing our front springs with the proper size. Eliminating the air bags once and for all. It costs a little more, but once it is done its done for good. It might be worth looking into.

Dale & Sandi
2006 Jeep TJ 4.0 w/33s 4" lift
2008 Winnabago Adventurer 38T
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/09 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not waste money on the bags. Get a pair of these and never worry about air bag pressure or leaking bags.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/09 06:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just replaced the front air bags on my 1989 Southhwind P-30. I checked the Airlift web site for part number and ordered them through Amazon, I had them in 3 business days, The kit- 2 bags and hoses, $84. including shipping!
They are a real pain to change! I have worked on semi's, heavy equipment for over 30 years, have my own business selling/repairing construction equipment now and it took 3 hours to change them. I had to use a Sawzall and razor knife to get the old ones out. A lot of soapy water and profanity to get the new ones in! You have to roll up a 5" diameter bag and stuff it through a 2" hole in the lower A-frame.

Art D

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/09 06:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Following is the text of a post that I made on 8/23/09:
Well, I purchased new Airlift air bags and they are now installed. Took about 3 hours to get the old ones out and the new ones in. And that includes routing the air tubing which I did not have installed before, and cleanup. I used the following methodology. 1. Mixed up some soapy water in a hand sprayer bottle. About 1 part dishwashing liquid to 4 parts water. It helped a lot on lubricating both the old bag out and the new bag in. 2. You can "unscrew" the old bag out the bottom hole if you first cut out the valve and use visegrips to twist it while pulling, like backing out a screw. 3. I used my bench vise (with wood pads) to compress the new bags flat then put the valve cap on. I then rolled it up top to bottom and opened the valve cap to let out more air. Then used a vacuum pump to furher evacuate the bag at which time I folded it up lengthwise and held it folded with plastic ties. Removed the ties as I was screwing and pushing the bag in. The hardest part was right at the end as there formed an air pocket near the valve that was hard to compress. I used the vacuum pump here again to deflate the air pocket. I had to work a bit to get the end protectors in once the bag was in. Again, the vacuum pump came in handy to create some room at the ends. Once in, they fit perfectly.

Geaux LSU

EdT

Indianola, MS, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/09 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to all who responded. I still do not know the exact series number for bags that fit my unit but hope to hear from Air Lift soon. My youngest son has volunteered to do the install so I am about good to go. Ed

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/09 09:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do have to raise the MH up enough to let the A-frames fully extend. Also he needs to check the edge of the holes in the A-frames. I found some burrs in the metal that could have damaged the new bags when installing.

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/09 05:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EdT wrote:

Thanks to all who responded. I still do not know the exact series number for bags that fit my unit but hope to hear from Air Lift soon. My youngest son has volunteered to do the install so I am about good to go. Ed

Air Lift 1000

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Workhorse air bags
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS