Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Cleaning stains off ozite ceiling fabric
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Cleaning stains off ozite ceiling fabric

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Loutwo99

Phoenix, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/10 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had some work done on my rubber roof and the mechanic did not reseal the rubber roof appropriately. The roof leaked and stained the ozite fabric ceiling in the interior of my 32.5 foot Columbus (Thor West) motor home. What can I use to clean the ozite fabric and get rid of the stains. Vinegar was suggested and I tried it in the bathroom. It did lighten the darkness of the stain but it can still be seen. I just want to scream. This will obviously lower the potential resale value of the motor home if I cannot find a effective solution.

Proud owner of a 1996 Columbus 325(Troy West)powered by a Chevy Workhorse.

Scottwig

Belvidere, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/10 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've read elsewhere on this forum that others have good results using OxiClean.

Scott and Janet Hartwig
Rocky and Moose, long-haired mini dachshunds
2006 Damon Daybreak 3270F (F53 V-10)
Tandem Tow Dolly with Honda 750s, Aero and Spirit C2, and Ford Focus

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/10 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call them and ask them what to use to clean with.

OZITE Corporate Office
11 Merrill Industrial Drive
P.O. Box 5000
Hampton, NH 03843-5000 USA
Tel: 603-929-6000
Toll Free: 800-746-4019
Fax: 603-929-6191

"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

robsouth

Metro-Atlanta, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/10 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Klueck wrote:

I don't know what Ozite is, but... I have a short pile carpet material on my ceiling. I had stains but removed them with Oxyclean and also I purchased a spray on type carpet cleaner that had Oxyclean in it. I can't remember the brand but I think it was in a blue spray type plastic container. Stains gone completely!

You likely have Ozite which is a short pile carpet lookalike, but is not woven like carpet and will not fray.

OnaQuest

Old enough to be a

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/10 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Work the oxiclean solution into the stain with a plastic scrub brush. Have a few micro fiber towels available to rinse the area with clean water.

The stains are usually caused by the glue and dye in the luan ply wood used in the ceiling. A mild solution of detergent or oxiclean will work well with some light scrubbing.

Don't be afraid to use plenty of clean rinse water in the towels to wipe away the stains.

Klueck

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/10 05:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what Ozite is, but... I have a short pile carpet material on my ceiling. I had stains but removed them with Oxyclean and also I purchased a spray on type carpet cleaner that had Oxyclean in it. I can't remember the brand but I think it was in a blue spray type plastic container. Stains gone completely!

phays

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/10 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a ceiling similar to Klueck's and used Woolite Oxy Deep spot and stain carpet cleaner. It comes in a blue bottle. I sprayed it on the area, rubbed it in gently and let it set for 5 minutes or so. Wipe with a clean, damp cloth.

I had a roof leak that I cleaned after I thought I had sealed the leak. Unfortunately, I failed to seal the leak and got a second stain. I cleaned this one in the same fashion. I also found the source of the leak and fixed that. In my case, it took 4 or 5 applications to completely remove the stain but it is completely gone.

Loutwo99

Phoenix, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/10 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you for your input. I went out and purchased some oxy clean carpet cleaner by Scoth Guard and I am confident that it will work. Lou

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Cleaning stains off ozite ceiling fabric
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS