Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Pendleton, Ore./Keystone?

Posted By: freewayrandy on 02/02/10 04:25pm

Hi All,
I've been hearing that Keystone has mfg. facilities in Pendleton, Ore. Can anyone confirm this for me? Also, do they have tours there? Any links or phone numbers to them there? Thanks...Randy

2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 2010 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition II, Polaris Sportsman 500, Honda Foreman 450ES

Posted By: F-TROUP on 02/02/10 06:04pm

Their website just shows Goshen, IN. Seems like Pendelton would be a long ways off for them, but who knows. Good luck in your search.

Posted By: ronfisherman on 02/02/10 06:23pm

Looks like it is true. Keystone Buys Fleetwood’s Oregon Trailer Facility. But may not be doing anything with it yet.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad

Super C Group Forum

Posted By: larry barnhart on 02/02/10 06:27pm

I have driven on that route and something keystone is there.
chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank
Garmin 2720
scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors

Posted By: ALBE on 02/02/10 06:59pm

I have driven thru there many times,lots of outbacks and cougars used to be in their holding facility,came thru again this jan and the lot was almost empty.

Posted By: old guy on 02/02/10 07:06pm

yes they are, they are on the north side of the freeway and they just bought the fleetwood TT buildings and equipment when fleetwood closed their doors. the other lot is on the south side of the freeway just west of the keystone lot.

Posted By: freewayrandy on 02/03/10 07:48am

Thanks all for the input...s'pecially firecapt...that's just what I was looking for.

Posted By: firecapt1 on 02/03/10 12:10am

Here it is:

Keystone RV Company
3000 NW Westgate Dr
Pendleton, OR , 97801-9609
(541) 276-6075

Don't know about tours but my guess is if you call and give them enough advance warning they would accommodate you!

Frank, Martha & Ryan
2007 Ford F-250 SD Crew Cab
2006 Cougar 289EFS

Happy Trails to you, until we meet again!

Posted By: javaseuf on 02/03/10 09:13am

My 2007 Springdale came from the Oregon manufacturing plant.
Don't know about the tours.

And BTW, the trailers that come from the Pendelton plant are built differently than those from Indiana, even in the same model/floor-plan. This was confirmed by an engineer in Oregon and a national sales rep from Goshen.

Posted By: freewayrandy on 02/03/10 12:11pm

javaseuf wrote:

And BTW, the trailers that come from the Pendelton plant are built differently than those from Indiana, even in the same model/floor-plan. This was confirmed by an engineer in Oregon and a national sales rep from Goshen.

I just talked with them up there and they do tours M-F @ 11:00 AM.
From what I hear it's the 'fair-weather' rigs they build there and the cold weather rigs are done in Indiana.

Posted By: mapguy on 02/03/10 01:29pm

Yep they build many "west" coast models of the various Keystone brands. Enough units are built here to support a Lippert Frame plant located in Pendleton, too.

Posted By: javaseuf on 02/03/10 02:17pm

The difference in the model I bought was the roof. on the Oregon trailers, the roof sub-material thickness is increased to 3/8" material and a roof ladder is standard. The indiana units have 1/4" sub-material and they don't offer a ladder and advise against adding one in their brochure.

This is all because of the factory's discovery that us West Coasters like to get up on and use our roofs more than Easterners. This is what I was told at the Goshen plant.

Posted By: laknox on 02/03/10 10:33pm

javaseuf wrote:

Different, how? Any specifics?

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2004 Komfort 25FSG Fifth Wheel
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 55 Year Member

Posted By: javaseuf on 02/04/10 09:05pm

laknox wrote:

javaseuf wrote:

Different, how? Any specifics?

Lyle

Yes, Lyle. See my post above re. the roof.

Posted By: lrutigliano on 02/04/10 10:11pm

Pendleton has quite a bit of RV manufacturing going on:

- Keystone builds their Cougars there for sure and probably some other Keystone brands. They do tours and probably welcome the chance. Mine was manufactured in Indianna. My buddy's (exact same year and model was manufactured in Pendleton). After comparing the two, my opinion is that the good folks in Indianna do a better job at manufacturing in quality...

- Arctic Fox has a manufacturing plant in Pendleton.

- Eagle Cap has a manufacturing plant in Pendleton. I have toured this plant when I had an Eagle Cap camper. Very nice people and facility.

Hope this helps,
Louis

2006 Cougar 314EFS
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 3500 w/Cummins 555
1994 Reinell 190BRXL

Posted By: freewayrandy on 02/05/10 08:10am

Every bit of info helps...Thanks.

Print  |  Close