Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: 88 pace arrow batterys

Posted By: gsbuick65 on 02/09/10 06:33pm

ok got my batterys hooked up, got the generator running, have power when plugged in but when I unplug I dont have any power. I switched the switch "coach batterys on". bear in mind I dont know anything about this rv . my slide in has a push-pull switch to go back and forth.

mike
1988 Pace Arrow 28'
2002 Lance 1130
2005 Dodge 2500 quad cab 4x4 CTD
Southaven Ms.

Posted By: enblethen on 02/09/10 07:40pm

Look for a battery disconnect for the coach batteries. Most Pace Arrows have them located under the hood on the driver's side in box. There should be some circuit breakers at the same location on the wiring that goes to the DC distribution center.
Check the relays for same voltage on each side of the large terminals. verify that the relay is being latched.
The battery control centers were furnished to Fleetwood in many rigs by Intellitec. Look for model number on circuit board.

Bud
USAF Retired
Suzuki XL7 pushing Pace Arrow

Posted By: Stim on 02/16/10 08:48pm

I have a 1989 Southwind and it has the latch relays under the hood that are controlled by two rocker switches inside. The rocker switches got sticky, stuck and burned up both latch relay coils. The relays list for $89. each so I took them apart, set them to the ON position and put them back together. I did find them cheaper on ebay but I will get along without them for now.
If you have the rocker switches lub them with silicone spray and they will stay loose.

Posted By: gsbuick65 on 02/16/10 09:35pm

yea mine has them too, my friend checked the voltage and it would momentairly have voltage across the relays when I hit the switch, guess ill lube the switch.

Posted By: gsbuick65 on 02/16/10 05:30pm

enblethen wrote:

Look for a battery disconnect for the coach batteries. Most Pace Arrows have them located under the hood on the driver's side in box. There should be some circuit breakers at the same location on the wiring that goes to the DC distribution center.
Check the relays for same voltage on each side of the large terminals. verify that the relay is being latched.
The battery control centers were furnished to Fleetwood in many rigs by Intellitec. Look for model number on circuit board.

ok got it figured out, I called fleetwood and they sent me a wiring diagram for the cables. must have a relay that isnt working.

does anybody need a copy of this diagram? I think it works for 86-88 models with p30 chassis

Print  |  Close