Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: rv parks charging extra for children
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> rv parks charging extra for children

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
02super250

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/10 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It could be kids or rude and loud drunks or just loud people in genral that think they own the place.We have kids and while they camped they behaved.But who is in charge of the grown up kids that think they need to get trashed every night while there camping.Maybe they need to charge more if your going to drink all weekend.

2011 F350 Lariat 4x4 CC DRW Powerstroke 3:73,LineX,Duraflaps on all four corners,BAK Flip F1.
2011 Keystone Alpine 3640RL

Broccoli1

Los Angeles

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/10 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

topflite51 wrote:

mynetdude wrote:

I'm sure if you had 20-30 people at a campsite there could be issues, but people are not THAT dense to go "oh gee lets put 20 people at a campsite where we won't fit?!?!"
YES THEY ARE!

One more to the Oh yes there are people like that- try camping anywhere near Los Angeles,

Heck the Campsite probably has more land than they do at Home for the Family of 20.

Funniest time was when we arrived on a Friday- Saaweeeet no one around !, oops forgot it was Friday... tick tock tick tock a car arrived almost every hour to the Camp site next to us.
Asked if they could park/share our Camp spot since we only had one car.

We were young and just drinkin' brews anyways, not a family event so no real harm but man it was so bad it was just too funny. Had to draw the line when they had to keep the car running for their Music. Just gave em my CD player with batteries, wasn't going to even hear My music anyway

06 F250 V10 SB 4x4 Gulp Gulp
WW FSC2800
Rhino 660- 1980 Cobalt 18DV
CRF 50 & CRF 70
"Shoot, I'm the world's best backwards driver!"

darrentonya

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/10 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So if I have 4 children (with the same husband) then I have to be penalized now to me that is discriminated against. So I should be penalized for the gift that God gave me - no I am blessed! And NO I will never want to be alone, I will have enough time away from them when I am dead - for now we cherish our time together.

helperzack

Treasure Coast Florida - East Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/10 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I don't want to determine whether a child is a biological child, a friend of the family, a niece or nephew or an adopted child (not a biological child, so under your plan would be charged, which I personally find offensive since I was adopted as a baby, but whatever floats your boat).

Mr/Mrs Park owner. Please don't put this plan in effect. We have black, white and asian children, and take one that is not the same color as we are to a new dentist or doctor and they refuse to treat the child thinking that they are not ours. We end up taking our adoption papers everywhere. Even camping.

We have never had a problem with other people's children. I would like a plan that limits the number of drunks to a site! Often our children will ask "what's wrong with those people over there?" when the drunks get rowdy.

Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/10 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Branson, MO is a haven for vacationing famillies with and without kids. One of our favorites campgrounds is old. From the '60's.

The day man operator was my age/liked to fish/a former LTL trucker/from my part of the country so we hit it off. They also limit the amount of people in the party on a specific campsite. And because a minnie winnie would pull in with a dozen cub/boy scouts going to Silver Dollar City they had to put a limit on kids. With over 150 campsites times 12 kids was hells. A school yard comes to mind.

They also had to limit the amount of dogs per campsite. Same issue there. A 40' MH would pull in on a wendsday and by friday several kin folks/friends would show up each with one or a pair of dogs. A kennel comes to mind.

Now move to a different campground on a big COE lake thats popular with late teens and the college crowd........... but thats a simular but different topic with the same results.

We camped with our two kids back in the '60/'70. We also camp with the grandkids when they can get away from sports and church activities. If I have to pay more so be it. Its certainly not white haired folks causing these issues. Its always someone else's fault.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Mrs. Mik

Abbotsford, Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/10 09:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I don't want to determine whether a child is a biological child, a friend of the family, a niece or nephew or an adopted child (not a biological child, so under your plan would be charged, which I personally find offensive since I was adopted as a baby, but whatever floats your boat).

I shouldn't have used the term "biological" child. I never thought about adopted children. I was simply trying to state that "friends" of our kids, I can understand paying extra money to camp with us. MY children, however they came to actually be MY children, should be included in the price. That means whether biological or adopted or my husband's children from a previous marriage. They are all still MY children and part of my immediate family and should be included in the rate.

I was simply trying to figure out where the number "four" came into play. Who decided that two parents and two kids was the "norm" and that those who dared have more than two have to pay extra to have them camp with their family, and those who have only one pay the same fee, and those that have none still pay the same. Maybe the fee should be a REAL "per person" fee to make it equal for everyone?

Please accept my deepest apologies. I was NOT trying to offend you or anyone else and feel horrible that I may have inadvertently done so with my post.

mynetdude

Grants Pass, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/10 11:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

darrentonya wrote:

So if I have 4 children (with the same husband) then I have to be penalized now to me that is discriminated against. So I should be penalized for the gift that God gave me - no I am blessed! And NO I will never want to be alone, I will have enough time away from them when I am dead - for now we cherish our time together.

The park owner doesn't distinguish the difference whether all 4 people are adults or all 4 people are 2 Adults + 2 Children or 3 Adults + 1 child or 1 adult + 3 children or 4 children (well yous till need an adult to even rent a site go figure) the point is... 4 people and any additional people who wish to stay with you are at additional cost and this is not a punishment or a fine because if it were landlords at stick homes would be able to do that freely!!!!!

The rules are: 4 people per site, additional people are $5 per person per night up to 8 total people to a site (you can have up to 4 additional people after your first 4 to a site) I can't see any discrimination or penalizing here!

Do I think parks should charge for additional people? No! Do I think parks should charge for visitors who come to visit? That depends if they use the facilities or not. Many parks (at least the state parks and some private parks like Thousand Trails) charge per vehicle not per person which makes more sense, you are using their private roadways and tear up THEIR campsite with your vehicles!

The rules are that, don't like them? Don't let the door hit ya in the butt! I will camp anywhere as long as the rules are not insane and do not affect me, once they start to infringe on me then I am free to go elsewhere not a problem!

'01 F350SD
'03 35' Victory Lane TH
'07 50cc Sym JetEuro moped/scooter
'10 Giant Cypress Bicycle
Isabel- my dog

Where I've gone RVing: New State added!

jetboat

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/10 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like that park should be flaged for "DONT GO THERE".Most rv parks charge a few bucks for additional people,and when taking a a grandchild along,so whats a couple bucks!Its still a lot less than a hotel that also charges for additional kids!

Rubiranch

Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/10 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank God there's more than ONE RV park.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/10 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do wish "westernrvparkowner" would publish exactly where he/she is, so I could be sure to avoid their park. I sure would hate to have to pack up and leave because they wanted to be paid for the privilege of allowing my DD, SIL, and grandkids to visit while I stayed in their park!

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Toad 1: '06 PT Cruiser, Kar Kaddy dolly
Toy (and Toad 2): 2001 Dodge QC SWB, 360 Magnum, Auto, 4X4
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> rv parks charging extra for children
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues