Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Campground Near Greenfield Village, MI
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground Near Greenfield Village, MI

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
novi2some

Northville, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/10 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking for suggestions for campgrounds near Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. A Canadian friend of mine wants to go to Greenfield Village this summer. He has a 40' DP. Any suggestions?

Happy Campers Since 1980 and still kicking.

soos

me

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/10 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the closest RV park to Greenfield Village is:
http://www.detroitgreenfield.com/

we stayed there for a month last year, after we sold our house in a neighboring town (Canton). its probably about 20-30 minutes from the Henry Ford/greenfield Village, but its not a bad place to stay. Its actually in Ypsilanti, right off 94.
we will be there again this summer while we visit our old stomping grounds.
by the way- The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village is one of the best museums I have EVER been to.....they should plan to spend a few days there at least. and the Rouge factory tour is great IF they are building trucks that day.

Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

INBellbuoy

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/10 05:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Sterling State Park when we visited, about a 30 minute drive. Good bike trails and a good beach and a nice view of Lake Erie.

INBellbuoy, wife of 34 yrs, 17 yr old son, & Scruffy the Goldendoodle, 2007 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab, 2005 Lund 1800 Explorer w/ 90 hp Yamaha & Minn Kota I-Pilot Link , 2006 Host Yukon W/ Tent 80W solar panel & 2 Honda EU2000 Generators

ethomps1

Dearborn Heights, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/10 07:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aside from my driveway about 5 miles from Greenfield Village, either Monroe or Belleville are about the same distance away. Sterling State Park is nice, also Camp Lord Willing is in Monroe, MI.

Since your friend is from Canada, another choice might be staying in Windsor, Ontario and driving over. Greenfield Village is about 15 miles or so from the bridge.

Liz (the Bad Liz)
2004 Amerilite 21MB
2005 Ford Exploder Sports Trac
3 small dogs
1 husband

The Bad Liz
Camper pictures

jpalm1124

Full timing - Wandering the Back Roads

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/10 10:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go with the wayne county fairgrounds, safe quiet place to camp, no trills, 20-25 minute drive to the Ford or Village.

Wayne County Fairgrounds

Also depending on the size of his family he might want to buy the yearly family pass.

Family Pass

past-MIdirector

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/10/10 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You also have the Wayne County Fair Ground in Belleville about a mile west of Camping World on the service road phone number 734-697-7002.

avan

Naples, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/10 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also have stayed at the former KOA. From our log
Quote:

MI; Ypsilanti (Detr); Detroit/Greenfield KOA; 734-482-7722; 6680 Bunton Rd - I94, Exit 187; South 1 mile on Rawsonville Rd ; West 3/4 mi on Textile Rd; South 1/2 mi on Bunton; Many infield pull thrus -W&E; Site 27 & 28 are easy in pull thrus with W,E,S; Also 104 thru 110 are now full hook up pull thrus – (field) Near Campers World. also near U of M Hosp. small lake. decent campground for a KOA, wooded sites not too useable for us due to site size & narrow access.
It's probably been 8 yrs since we passed through that area so have no idea whether it has been kept up.

(Was nice meeting you and hope you enjoyed Naples this winter despite the cooler weather)

kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/10 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have camped several times at the Detroit Greenfield CG, when it was a KOA. It wasn't bad - decent enough facilities, and nice to have FHU sites with shade. Haven't camped at the SPs there but have heard good things about them.

I second the recommendation for visiting the museum & Greenfield Village. You could easily spend a full day just in the museum, but there's plenty to see in the Village as well. Great place.

mcc1229

Piedmont NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/10 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to piggyback on this thread. We to are planning to visit The Henry Ford in early January. We have heard that some of the RV parks are not safe. Of the ones mentioned above which are in the best? safest areas? considering Wayne Fair Grounds or Greenfield.

soos

me

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/10 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we were there (at Detroit Greenfield RV Park)last year for a month, and it seemed to be fine. you have a choice of full sun or full shade. we chose shade. You can go look at the site before you drive to it, and they will take you to it.
it was our very first time driving and parking our 5th wheel and we had no problems.

Sue

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground Near Greenfield Village, MI
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS