Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Fuel Station Pump Replacement
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fuel Station Pump Replacement

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
JFJ

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/10 04:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2005 Raptor 3612 DS and my fuel station will not work. My mechanic said the gears in the pump were ruined and it needed replacing. Can someone recommend a place to buy one? I am also curious which pump you all recommend? I have read a number of threads on this so I know this is a common issue w/these fuel stations. Thanks.

2007 Dodge Megacab 2500 4X4 SRW
6.7 Cummins w/6 Speed Auto
2005 Raptor 3612ds
Pacbrake Air Bags
Prodigy Brake Controller
Pullrite Superglide 24K

Macs Dad

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/10 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://store.jandsrvparts.com/fpk1201.html

07 Weekend Warrior SL2805
05 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
08 Polaris RZR
06 KX 250F

wild bill

Mira Loma, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/10 08:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The parts to repair the pump are very easy to install once you remove the pump and cost under 25 dollars from a well supplied RV dealer....I replaced mine about 3 years ago....

05 Dodge 3500 Q-Cab,GearVendor 8 Sp,PacBrake,Banks intercooler & intake,TST R49,Transferflow 70 tank,TrailerSaver Hitch,05 Raptor 3612,Second AC, solar 6 battery sys Xantrex 3000, WEB SITE
http://home.earthlink.net/~wbrown02/wildbillwashere22/index.html

william_04_x

LV,NV

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/10 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 05 WW FS2600's fuel station pump just took a dump this past weekend after 6 years. I'm going to check the gears also. It would try to turn, then pop a fuse. I believe the motor is okay.

Thanks for the links guys.

04 PSD E/B X
05 WW FS2600
Polaris and Arctic Cat junk in the back

bcoakley

Bishop, CA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/10 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out this webpage to find out how to get replacement gears. Most likely you pump was made by Graco.

http://www.graco.com/Internet/T_IEDLanding.nsf/Webpages/PBLQandA?OpenDocument

2005 Ford F250 6.0 Super Duty
2007 Cyclone 3795
2008 Yamaha R6
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 Special Edition
2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450
2004 Yamaha WR450

Hap Hazard

Mammoth Lakes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/10 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone describe the gear replacement procedures so we have some idea what to expect prior to taking on the job?

Thanks,

Hap

wild bill

Mira Loma, Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/10 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has been some time since I did the replacement but if memory serves me correctly the gears are made of a plastic material and the reason they fail is that they swell and are unable to turn in the housing.
I don't know of different materials for the gears? Mine have worked fine since I replaced them....I believe the company that originally made the pump has been taken over by Graco as noted in one of the above posts....Not a hard fix at all...took about an hour or less. It seems like i bought the gears only...the guy at the parts counter knew exactially what I needed.

william_04_x

LV,NV

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/10 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I called Graco and they gave me a number for a guy in Phoenix who can supposedly tell me if there are any local distributors for these parts. I'm waiting for him to call back. I called every RV parts shop in town and none of them had a clue as to what I needed. That's Vegas for ya.

It took all of 45 seconds to get the gears out. I'm going to try sanding them to free them up.

william_04_x

LV,NV

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/10 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JFJ wrote:

Last week I posted "Fuel Station Replacement" and thanks to you all, it has now turned into "Fuel Station Repair/Rebuild". First of all, I had my 2005 Raptor 3612 DS at my mechanic to get my generator running. He said that the methanol content in the gas does some bad things to carburetors unless you use the marine grade (green) Sta-bil. He also thinks it is responsible for the gear swelling in my fuel station that prevented the pump from working, as well as ruining a seal.

Now to the fuel station issue...originally he took it apart and said the motor was working fine, but the the pump would not work b/c the gears had swollen. He said it needed a new pump to the tune of a/b $300...ouch!! That's when I made my original post. Thanks to Wild Bill, I was able to contact Graco. Their customer service number is 800-533-9655, option 5. The pump was originally made by PBL who has been taken over by Graco. My pump model was an FP12. Turns out that I needed the gear kit (Part number 260277) and a seal that goes around the motor shaft that drives the pump. The seal only comes in a kit, so I also had to get part number 260434. If your seal is not bad, then you may not require both kits. Here is the good part...the gear kit only costs $14 and the seal kit only costs $9. Trust me, I am not mechanically inclined, but I could repair this myself. You take 4 bolts off of the pump cover and pull out the two gears, replace a gear key or drive (pull out the old key and insert the new one from the kit), put the new seal (again, from the kit) on the pump cover and then put the 4 bolts back on again. Voila!!! A $300 pump replacement just turned into a $25 repair!!

One thing you need to know...Graco only sells through local distributors so you can't buy directly from them. They will tell you who carries their parts in your area. I live in Memphis and there were only 3 distributors, none of whom carried the parts. It takes a/b a week to get them.

Thanks to Wild Bill and the rest of you who gave me the information to go out and research this for myself. Not only did I save a lot of money on the repair, but I now know how to do it myself. Thanks to you all for your help. I hope this helps someone else who is having the same issue with their fuel station.

That's a quote from another thread. Thanks a lot for the phone and part numbers JFJ!!

The Phoenix guy led me to a local dealer that had the parts in stock.

On the left is the pump gear cover and gasket(large o-ring), a gear kit, and a seal kit. I didn't need the seal kit now, but picked it up anyway.

The fix is very easy. Pull the pump fuse. Pull the (4) large bolts that hold the cover to the housing. There is a smaller cover for a screen that doesn't need to be removed.

Once the cover is off, swap in the new gears and add a few drops of oil on the teeth to help prime the pump. Re-install the cover with the new gasket/o-ring. Don't overtighten the bolts(alum housing). Re-install fuse. Pump fuel again..

JFJ

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/10 09:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wild Bill, can you tell me what you had to buy so I will know what to get? Will the new parts still be susceptible to the same problem I had with the old parts? I'd hate to rebuild it and then have it go bad again? Should I use gears made out of another material? Thanks.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> Fuel Station Pump Replacement
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS