Woodalls Open Roads Forum: 990 2010 Arctic Fox Camper, door not sealing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 990 2010 Arctic Fox Camper, door not sealing

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
henthorne

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/10 09:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi,
Just wondering what others have done with their door not sealing. Did Northwood actually do anything about them. Here is a letter I finally sent to them after conversations with them and the RV dealer I dealt with.

"Hello,
This is a follow-up from a phone conversation with a gentleman I had on Monday the 19th of July.
1. Picked up Camper from Guarantee RV on June 30th, 2009.
2. Had problem with dust getting into whole camper. the door does not seal. Work orders from Guarantee dated:9-1-09, 10-17-09,
I had a problem with the door leaking last summer, took it to Guarantee RV in Junction City, Oregon(place of purchase). They informed me that the door was fixed. I brought the camper home, winterized and parked it for the seasons. This summer I went to prep it for use. When I washed it, noticed water running down the windows on the inside of the door. Called Guarantee and made appt, they could not get it in for over 2 wks. Guarantee is saying that you told them it is past warranty, even though it is the same problem. I say BULL. This problem needs fixed. If I need to get a hold of a lawyer, Better Business Bureau and a few RV forums, no problem. This is not the way to run a business.
3. Just got a voicemail from Dean, at Guarantee, stating that this is not a warranty issue. That my warranty started June 12th, 2009, again, BULL. The camper did not even get to Guarantee till the 27th of June 2009. Our pick up date was June 30th.
4. Besides getting a lawyer for the problems, I am going to have them check into the "Lemon Law"

Regards,"

I received a call from Guarantee yesterday, stating that Northwood would still not honor this problem, even though it was a problem since purchase.

Just needing some guidance on what to do to fix this problem. I had a few other problems with camper also, but they have been fixed (I believe).

Thanks for any help.

Ron & Lea
2008 2500 Dodge and 2010 Arctic Fox 990.

dkasner

cincinnati, ohio, usa

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 09:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take several photo's. Then we may be able to give you some advice. Could be an easy fix.

04 F350 Dually, 05 Arctic Fox 990, Airlift Airbags, Torklift Tiedowns, Darrenger Quick Releases, Understanding wife, African Grey Parrot.

Glacier D

Port Orchard, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you have the work orders from the dealer that did the work.

Call Arctic Fox and talk to someone in management and explain your story. From what I here Arctic Fox is usually good with helping out on repair issues (at least what I've read on the net), but since I didn't buy an AF I wouldn't actually know.

Campers that carry only a 1 year warranty aren't worth buying and tells you something about their quality and confidence the factory has in their product.

2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab/LB, Rancho RS9000XL, Stable Loads, Superhitch and FastGuns. 2009 Eagle Cap 1050, Hickory interior with on-board generator, A/C and Honda EU2000

henthorne

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/10 10:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do have the work orders. They are they typed ones, not the written ones that you check when you drop off the rig. Still the info is there. I am tempted to load the camper up on my next days off and take it to La Grande and have them look at it. the first fix they put 2 pieces of foam on the door opening. It sealed the screen door, duh, like that helps the door seal.

I have called Arctic Fox, no real help there. The reason we looked at them, was that the majority of reviews was positive.

Long story short we started to purchase a 2009 and got a 2010. the 2009 had an 18mth warranty. the 2010 was a 1 yr. We were not informed of that till after the papers were signed.

It is to bad "Bigfoot" isn't still in business, that was our 1st choice. And still would be.

henthorne

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/10 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I get it back from the RV center I will. Will be picking it up soon. Then I will appreciate all the help I can get, since the manufacture and RV dealer are not standing behind their product.

Thanks for the reply

nwjetboat

Eugene, Or

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/10 10:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 05 A990 door has sealed since day one. The techs at Junction City are not the sharpest pencils in the box. Had some issues with them when I first moved to Oregon.

2003 Dodge 2500 CTD Air Bags, Rancho9000s, Helwig swaybar, Nitto 285/17E
2005 AF990

Fuzzy Bear

Carnation, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 02:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FF1063 wrote:

I'd call AF again and ask for Dave Mann. Based on what you wrote, I can't imagine AF would be of no help on this. You made the mistake many of us have in trying to do the right thing by going back to the dealer. I don't think you have that serious of an issue, talk to Dave before you get all worked up over this (been there, done that).

Yes, definitely call and talk to Dave. He was very helpful to me in getting my camper repaired. It might be worth the trip down there for a day or two to resolve the problem. Less stress than dealing with the not so helpful folks at the dealership.

Doug

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4 6spd auto.

2007 Lance 1191

Blueboat

Arizona, Mesa

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 03:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arctic Fox makes some good campers and some not so good as I am sure other manufactures do. The people that have had a good experience will tell you they never had a problem, people that have had a problem or several problems are told by those with no problems about there good fortune with their camper. I would like to put the shoe on the other foot and see how the people with no problems feel about spending $25,000 to $30,000 for a new camper and have problems that don’t get fixed because of the lack of service provided by the dealers or manufacture.

When I picked up my new camper, the dealer did not do a walk through with me, when I stepped inside my camper when it was loaded on our truck I shut the camper door and walked into the kitchen area. I turned around and looked back at the back of the door and could see about a ½ inch gap of sun light under the camper door. I told the maintenance guy about it and he took a 2 X 4 and placed it in the middle of the door and put his shoulder to the door and slammed his weight against it several times to bend the door. He then removed the 2 X 4 and the gap was gone.

On our first trip after picking up our camper we found 20 items that need to be addressed some were minor some not so minor. It’s been a long road and the new dream camper my wife and I saved for by working tons of overtime and scrimping on other things is now just a bad experience.

Prior to leaving the dealer, he had you sign a copy of the Northwood warrantee paper you need to read it, it will tell you that some things like adjustments are for a period of 60 or 90 days and then it is on you, I think the door and window adjustments are in this category with other items. In 2010 Arctic Fox went to a 1 year warrantee from the 1.5 year warrantee.

Dave Mann is a good guy and probably the most helpful person at Northwood manufacturing. If he can’t help, you are up the creek.

2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 LB 4X4 SRW
2010 811 Arctic Fox.

Glacier D

Port Orchard, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So lets see, auto companies are making their warranties longer and Arctic Fox recently shortened theirs. Guess their campers have too many issues and the company can no longer afford the 2 year warranty. Geeeee, that's a camper I want to buy, NOT! I bought an Eagle Cap (2 year warranty) and although not perfect the dealer and company have not charged me a thing for any repairs.

I looked at both campers, their manufacturing process and workmanship quality and I found the Arctic Fox to be inferior in all so many ways. If you do go to La Grande, OR to visit Arctic Fox I recommend you go next store (as in across the street) to Eagle Cap and see how much better Eagle Cap builds most items on their campers.

FF1063

NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/10 04:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

* This post was edited 09/09/10 06:44pm by FF1063 *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 990 2010 Arctic Fox Camper, door not sealing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers