Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Info on Newmar American Star 34'
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Info on Newmar American Star 34'

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
gilmath

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/10 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm looking at a 2002 American Star 34rlck 5th wheel
by Newmar.
Does anyone know of any issues with this trailer??
Issues meaning problems with anything.
I'd appreciate your comments.

Gil

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/10 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2006 Newmar Torrey Pine and just love it. Well made and the best trailer we ever had.

Where We Are Now

Amateur Radio Operator KK9W ARRL VE FT DX2000

Steve and Joy
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35 LKTS
2014 Ford F 350 Lariat Dually Camper Package
Cooper . . . The Aussie-Doodle, Yogi . . . The Yorkie, Cookie . . . The Chiuaiua

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/10 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

American Star was the 1st step in the Newmar line but a solid mid level trailer in the market. Newmar never has built a entry level trailer instead focusing on Quality units and not price point. Frame and construction is basically the same on all Newmars as the bottom and top line trailers are all built on the same production line using same workers and many of the same basic materials. Differences come in the details as the American Star don't have as much insulation or as many features when compared to a Kountry Star which was the next up in the line. (Mountian Air was the top back in the 2002 era). Newmar changed up the names and designs around 2004 with the Cypress replacing the American Star and then the Torry Pine replacing the Kountry Star in about 2006. In laws have a 1995 American Star and it has held up very well for a 15 year old trailer. Randu

2014 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
LB,4x4,Duramax
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

TennesseeBob

NW Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/10 03:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No problems with my 2004. Very well built

2005 3500 Dodge QC Dually CTD
2004 Newmar American Star 32RLKS 3 slides

Frank in Ohio

Medway Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/10 05:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Randu is right about the Nemar fth wheel trailers. They are very well built. I went thru the factory and was impressed with how they are built and the attention to detail. I purchased a 2002 kountry star 5th wheel new and I am totally satisfied. I have not had any problems in the eight years that I have owned this camper. It is a quality trailer. If the American Star hasen't been abused and the price is right I dont think you can go wrong. Frank

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/10 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Frank in Ohio wrote:

Randu is right about the Nemar fth wheel trailers. They are very well built. I went thru the factory and was impressed with how they are built and the attention to detail. I purchased a 2002 kountry star 5th wheel new and I am totally satisfied. I have not had any problems in the eight years that I have owned this camper. It is a quality trailer. If the American Star hasn't been abused and the price is right I don't think you can go wrong. Frank

Don't mean to take thread off topic but I got to shout out a welcome to Frank as I see you just became a RV.Net member today.
Be sure to check out the "Rallies, Shows ,and Gatherings" section of RV.Net as there is a large friendly group that camps each month somewhere in OHIO. Here are a few links Maumee Bay and Cardnial Center -Halloween Randu

Luke Porter

National Director

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/10 07:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually the Kountry Aire was top of the line until it was killed in 2009.

It's really sad that Newmar has done all of those changes. I used to see tons of Kountry Stars--so they come out with the Torry Pine. Have seen only a few Torrey Pines. The Mountain Aires were very nice and the Kountry Aire with full paint---well nicest looking fifth wheel there is. All killed by Newmar.

Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

stetwood

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/10 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had an 2001 american star since 2004 with no issues of the 5ver itself. Some of the components, h2o heater, tires, fans have given problems but the unit itself is well made and probably proudly so. Our only wish is that it was 4-6 feet shorter.

It should be a good choice.

sheff69

Where parked

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/10 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to have a 1998 American Star up until a couple of weeks ago.
Loved it. Had a hard choice to make when I decided to replace it.
Wish they still made one. Best RV to date.

Sheff

2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CTD 6 speed auto, 4.10 rear axle, 800 ft. lbs TQ.
30,000# GCVWR.
2011 Carriage Cameo 37RESLS, Kodiak Disks, 17.5" wheels, GY G114 tires, 17,500#.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Info on Newmar American Star 34'
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS