Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: High End Travel Trailers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> High End Travel Trailers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
rwess

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What would you consider to be the highest quality travel trailer on the market today excluding Airstream, I do not like their present florrplans.

rwess
USN Ret.
NJROTC Instructor
2011 Open Range 337JT
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

Mamzerook

Okanagan B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 05:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Corsair, Bigfoot, Arctic Fox....

2000 K3500 Silverado 6.5L Turbo
2008 Jay Flight G2 27BH

SooperDaddy

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry...I know you've had a leak in your new 1 year old Jayco...but what other issues are you having?

I know you also posted about tank sensors, not reading properly. I think we've all "been there, done that" with our holding tanks! This was posted by RV.Net member REDESIGN-about tank sensors and how to solve the issues!

You're likely, and understandably...frustrated. I know you're a career Navy guy, and probably expect nearly everything to do what it's supposed to do...but in real life (especially RV's!) that ain't always the case.

Jayco has always strived to take care of their RV Owners, that's why they've been around for 42 years. I was going to suggest the Jayco Eagle TT, but I saw that you have a Eagle Super-lite, so you may not be amenable to a Jayco at this point! Is your Dealer ignoring you, has Jayco not "done the right thing" for you?

But if high end and close to perfection is what you want to try, true Higher End Travel Trailers are rare, very rare! New Horizons is on top of the list...but they only make 5th wheels!

Same with Mobile Suites...and Excel...no TT's, 5th wheels only! And we are talking some serious $$$ here!

Heartland and most other RV companies make their own versions of "luxury Travel Trailers", but again you are going to take the "spin the roulette wheel of chance" when buying them, too!

The real problem is that for all their efforts, all RV Manufacturers have to hire humans to build them. And we're Fallible, easily distracted, subject to flights of fancy, prone to hangovers, and they seldom achieve perfection.

And it really does come in handy, when buying any RV, to be somewhat of a Handyman/Craftsman/Joe the Plumber/Tim the Toolman kind of guy!

Good luck!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen.

rwess

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked Bigfoot they are too small, Corsair appears to be available only in Canada (general coach), Arctic Fox is nice, however I live in the southeast and when I did the dealer search it said that the closest dealer was Denver

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rwess wrote:

What would you consider to be the highest quality travel trailer on the market today excluding Airstream, I do not like their present florrplans.

I don't think IMHO there are really such think there is a HIGH END TT like in MH just better built like the Airstream, or maybe the HR Presidential series or those with better things like insulation in the Artic Fox, etc. There are definitely differences in the MH market, but then you are talking about the difference is a 200K MH and a one or two MIL home and that price differential is just not there in the TT pricing. Now that excludes the 5ers where things line the Mobile Suites could be classified as a High End Unit, but those are few and far between and not was your question.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plane tickets are cheap, go check them out , I in ohio flew to alabama to get ours. you;d be surprised at the deals out there.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/10 06:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact the RV Consumer Group, www.rv.org, for their appraisals of the TT's out there. It may pay to buy a disk and do your own research.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two bikes (both Electric Schwinn's with motor assist)

gitane59

Ontario, Can

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/10 06:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New Horizons do indeed build high end travel trailers.

In fact they have a used one for sale at present
2005 New Horizons 30ft TT

Another used one for sale at owner website
http://www.nhog.us/forsale/Verrier/index.html

While they do not advertise their TT floorplans i would suggest a phone call to them would set the record straight quickly whether or not they would custom build a TT in 2010.
Something tells me that a certified cheque and a signed contract would get a quick affirmative.

2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"High End" is a term that has no universal definition and I suspect is an invention of sales people to charge more for certain options and features when it comes to RV's. Considering most RV's use similar/same frames, appliances, etc most of the differences are a matter of options and interior fluff.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

DrBaker

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/10 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't own one, but the Open Range travel trailers look nice.

2011 Chevy 2500HD CC/SB 4x4 Victory Red
2003 Crossroads Cruiser CF27RL
Champion Screamer, Reese 16k, and a Blue Status Symbol

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> High End Travel Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts