Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: 2000 CRV Honda
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2000 CRV Honda

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
ROYBUCK

Newport NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/10 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well here I am again still looking. This question is about the car itself I know about all the towing producers. It is a 2000 Honda CRV 99,000 miles the car looks in excellent condition as for the body and inside clean as a pin no wear in side you can see, the car is a local owned and service by the local Honda Dealer no records in car, but I went to the local Honda dealer and he pulled up the records has been service at correct intervals. Should I be concerned with this many miles, I have a 2002 tracker that has a knock in the motor Mech. says Bearings, don't want to invest to much don;t know how much longer I will be able to do this life style I am 74 now. Would like forum members opinion on this vehicle. Roy

Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
2002 Endeavor 330 ISC 3 Slides

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/10 08:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't worry about the miles. It should go 200K or more.

2000 Born Free 24RB Class C
6.8L Ford V-10 Engine, E450 Chassis

Phil & Stephie

Sevierville, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/10 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go for it, I miss my 1999 CRV.

If you need base plates, I have a set I'll let go for $100 + shipping.

Travel safe.

Phil & Stephanie Grey
"Partners In Life"
2003 Dutch Star 4050 "Mayberry"
2007 Chevy HHR
Spartan Chassis/Brakemaster/Blue Ox/Pressure Pro
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

papapete

carpinteria,calif

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/10 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2000 CRV with 185,000 miles and have towed it another 80,000. and it still runs like new. When we hit 200,000 we will buy another one

Stennis

Starkville, Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/10 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep it serviced and treat it right and 200,000 miles should be no problem. A CRV awd was definitely the best tow vehicle we have had. I am slightly younger than you but that CRV will probably outlast us both.

Only problem I can think of is that when home both my wife and I wanted to drive it. The big car and pickup did not get run enough.

Good Luck.

PS: I did my own towing equipment installation and used the plug type lights for towing. That way there are seperate bulbs for towing and no diodes or messing with the CRV wiring are required.

Stennis

Starkville, Mississippi

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/10 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you have a good offer here if it fits a 2000. However, if this does not work, I was just looking at the Automated Equipment (Blue OX) web site. They are the one that has Hitch Trader. Seemed lik some good deals there.

ROYBUCK

Newport NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 05:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I pulled the plug and purchased the CRV, wating for Earl to get out of my way so I can make arrangments with Phil for the Base Plate. I was very supprised of the driving comfort of the CRV been used to driving the Tracker, I was supprised the offer they gave me for the tracker with a knock in the motor, I did not try and doctor it up I don't feel right by doing stuff like that I know people do that but not me. I have one question reading the book they talk about the Air condition filter does any one know where this is. Thanks for all replys on the CRV Question. Roy

ROYBUCK

Newport NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 05:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more question are they any thing special about this 2000 CRV I should know Maint, or any special Instructions. Again Thanks Roy

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/10 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ROYBUCK wrote:

One more question are they any thing special about this 2000 CRV I should know Maint, or any special Instructions. Again Thanks Roy
If there is no owner's manual with the vehicle, order one from Helm, Inc.. That's what I did. You can access the manual online but it's more convenient to have it in hand.

Snowwing

WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/10 08:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2000 CRV earlier this year specifically to tow. It had 170,000 miles on it. It now has 197,000 and is in excellent condition. I was surprised how tight it was when I bought it.
I changed the timing belt and tires and it was very clean under the valve cover. The owners manual maintenance chart shows to change timing belt at 60,000 miles. I opted to change the water pump also because it was inexpensive and doable when the timing belt was removed. I had to purchase an owners manual (the person I bought it from was in a family crisis and hard to get a hold of) then I discovered a drawer under the passenger seat that contained the original owners manual and maintenance records! I have an owners manual if you need one.
Roadmaster's base plates are an easy installation. This car is even better than I thought it would be. I think you have made a good decision.
Ron

2005 Journey 36G

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2000 CRV Honda
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: