Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Best way to sell a CRA membership
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best way to sell a CRA membership

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
RVJimofOregon

Central Oregon Coast

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/10 10:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a CRA (Colorado River Adventure) membership that I would like to sell. I know the buyer has to go to Parker to transfer the ownership. Any ideas on how to sell it or where to list it.
RV Jim

Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,“It was loaned to you by your children”
Indian proverb

gemsworld

Sunny Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/10 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are a couple of websites where you can list your membership for sale. I bought a resale membership over a year ago from one of these sites. You should confirm with CRA that the seller needs to appear in person in Parker to make the purchase, I think you may lose potential buyers if that is the case. I was able to purchase my resale membership for another campground system through the mail. The seller was in one state, I was in another, and the office where the paperwork was done was in another state. Good luck!

RV Park Store

RV Online

RVJimofOregon

Central Oregon Coast

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/10 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the input.
I asked and the buyer has to go to Parker (bad deal).
Can't advertise memberships in the park. Guess if you had a sign in the window they might have a hard time doing anything about it.
I know the selling price will be low like 500 bucks or so and CRA will charge transfer fee like 10 percent of the original price. Might just give it away to some luck person or try E Bay. Maybe E Bay with no minimum would be the way to go.
Not a bad line up of parks along the Colorado River but not going to AZ anymore and the 300 dollars a year dues do add up when not using it.
RV Jim

gemsworld

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/10 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most RV campground systems will not allow members to advertise their memberships for sale within the campgrounds, nor will they offer resales when they are in business to charge potential new customers ten times more for a new membership. I also found a resale membership in one of those sites I posted for $600. Heck, I've even seen some memberships advertised for free. The sellers just wanted to get rid of the yearly dues.

whistlebritches

Cherryvale, KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/10 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked out RV Park Store and thought their campground memberships were high. The best thing to do if you're buying one is to go the campground itself and you can usually find members who will sell them pretty cheap!! We just bought one for less than $600 in a popular tourist area. We could have gotten it cheaper, if we had wanted to wait for an individual to sell it. We bought it through the campground itself. They used to sell them here for $6000!!! People have gotten smarter over the years.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/10 04:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should confirm with CRA that the seller needs to appear in person in Parker to make the purchase,

Why, if their money is good I would sell it to Hitler, oh wait, he's dead.
bumpy

gemsworld

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/10 08:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too bad CRA is making the buyers show up in Parker, there is NO reason for the buyer to be present. Forcing the buyers to go to Parker will keep many snowbirds from buying it. In my opinion, it's just another roadblock to discourage resales, along with high transfer fees. I have the feeling they may want the potential buyers in Parker so they can pressure them into buying unneeded upgrade memberships for thousands of dollars.

I'd suggest reading your membership contract closely to make sure it says the buyer MUST be present in Parker. If not, tell CRA to stuff it, make them adhere to the contract. It's been my experience some of these campground operators like to ignore the contracts if they can get away with it. Good luck.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Best way to sell a CRA membership
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS