Open Roads Forum

Print  |  Close

Topic: Cooking during travel

Posted By: BASSMAN50 on 11/10/10 05:00am

DW was curious how many prepare crock pot meals or other while traveling to your next destination.
Maybe share some recipe for other to use.
Thanks in Advance

Posted By: JoeGood988 on 11/10/10 05:05am

What happens when you hit the brakes and the crock pot goes flying to the front?

* This post was edited 11/11/10 07:24am by an administrator/moderator *

2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

Posted By: NC-Hawk on 11/10/10 05:17am

First I prepare the meal in the crock pot, and then turn on the generator. Then I place the crock pot in the sink. The sink keeps the crock pot from going anywhere, and if there is a spill, the sink takes care of it. I also do this method for the coffee pot.
Works for me.

Happy motoring......

Posted By: tandkj on 11/10/10 05:20am

We cook all the time! The CP sits in the sink on a cutting board and away we go. Never had a problem.
We like the McCormic (sp) slow cookers like pulled pork, italian tomato chickren, and beef stew.
I"m putting on italian tomato chicken on soon and we are headed from OK City to west of Dallas/FW.

Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

Posted By: jimo on 11/10/10 05:40am

When Barbara & I travel, Barbara only makes one item while in the coach. We call it reservations.

Jim & Barbara

Posted By: fla-gypsy on 11/10/10 05:19am

I know folks do this but I never thought it was a good idea. It is possible to minimize the risks associated with it but there are still risks.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Posted By: NC-Hawk on 11/10/10 05:42am

Happy 235th Birthday tandkj!
~ Semper Fi ~

Posted By: brobox on 11/10/10 05:49am

I have used a crock pot in the sink, off and on for 30 years, never had a problem. Our new one even has band for the lid that stops it from rattling while going down the road, nice feature. Our favorite is a pot roast, or ham and beans if we are in cold weather.

I don't know what kind of risks there could be with a crock pot sitting in the sink while traveling. I am more worried about traveling the Interstates through large cities than a crock pot.

Chuck
02 Travel Supreme, 2 street side slides
09 Toyota Tacoma 2WD

Posted By: barnaclebill on 11/10/10 07:26am

Deb has done crockpot meals many times, we have an inverter and do NOT need to run the genny. We also perk coffee while travelling and make toast, yes we are a "dangerous" couple!

2003 41' Newmar Mountain Aire
400 Cummins
Jeep Liberty
Blue Ox Brake Buddy

Posted By: letssay on 11/10/10 06:38am

I too put mine in the kitchen sink. The last time I just put in cut chicken, you can use frozen if you cook it long enough, carrots, rice, water with some white wine, and a little celery salt. About 20 minutes before serving I added frozen corn and peas. The rice was a little mushy but it was a nice warm and most importantly, ready, meal. There are lots and lots of crock pot recipes that you can find through Google.
Enjoy

There's no place like home; that's why we take ours with us

Enjoy your day!
2005 36' Discovery DP
1 happy husband
1 cool dog (Bradley Yeahbutt) and
Dr. Baxxter Peabody PHD waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Posted By: Just Bob on 11/10/10 06:32am

fla-gypsy wrote:

I know folks do this but I never thought it was a good idea. It is possible to minimize the risks associated with it but there are still risks.
Life is full of risks, but you still keep living, right?

Posted By: CT_WANDERER on 11/10/10 09:11am

We have use the CP while going down the road. Have a small pot the runs off the inverter, the alternator keeps up with it without any trouble and keep it in the sink. DW will do soups, stews and chicken. It is great to stop have a nice warm meal ready at Lunch or Dinner Time. Haven't had a problem yet and we feel safe with the setup.

Posted By: rockylarson on 11/10/10 05:53am

Tried it once surrounded by towels and pillows on bed. Learned real quick to use lowest setting. Ours is about the smallest available, meal for two, and fits nicely in the bathroom sink. Sorry, DW would not give up the recipe. I do know to look out for the bay leaf.....

2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2003 CRV, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300watts solar, 7 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Posted By: scooterseats on 11/10/10 06:29am

We have motorhomed since 1976 and in our younger years, we routinely changed drivers, DW bathed the kids and put them to bed and even fried hamburgers while enroute. I have eaten many a meal while driving. When I was working and vacation time was so precious we felt the need to maximize our travel time. This was all when we were much younger, more limber and agile. I do not believe we will ever be able to do those tricks again. Now days we generally just travel but DW still gets up and answers natures calls while underway and gets us drinks from the fridge but that is about all.

Ross Murphy
2000 Discovery 37G
PT Cruiser Toad

Posted By: Bigdog on 11/10/10 10:50pm

jomarfl wrote:

A pork roast in the crock pot with sauerkraut and eat it when we get there

Oh Lord.....I would be in heaven....

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Posted By: Two Jayhawks on 11/11/10 06:50am

This thread has made me very hungry. First order of business this weekend is go out and buy a CP. We have some winter travel coming up and I think I would enjoy having a wonderful hot meal ready at the end of a travel day.

2002 Safari Zanzibar
CAT C12 455/1550
Allison 4000
Saturn Vue w/ReadyBrake
FMCA# 390819

Posted By: TexasShadow on 11/10/10 09:59am

ditto to using an inverter and putting the pot in the sink.
I have a big crock and a little one. the big one has a latch down lid.
I use the cooking bags to allow for easier clean up, but they aren't absolutely necessary.
I do pot roasts with just a little, 2 pound roast, onions, seasonings.
or chicken breasts with a can of cr mushroom soup or barbeque sauce.
or short ribs with french onion soup
I don't cook vegies. I do them in the microwave and add them to the pot when they're already tender.

TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
( Sometimes ) BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
M&G aux brake system
Datastorm 3990
854 watts of solar power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Posted By: Lobstah on 11/11/10 02:05am

I would definitely do this for some of our longer trips...my only problem is that we don't have an inverter, and I can't justify running the generator for 6-8hrs of driving, just to run a crockpot
I may add an inverter, at some point, but I think it may end up being a requirement for the NEXT coach.

Jim

2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
2 Boxers
4 Cats

Posted By: 1995brave on 11/10/10 12:35pm

We like to live dangerously. Wife will make sandwiches or other items while i'm driving. But, she does know if i yell "Sit Down!" she will immedately sit down at the dinette and hang on. Only had to do it once as some idiot tried to cut me off.

Posted By: jomarfl on 11/10/10 12:54pm

2008 Fleetwood Fiesta
Tampa, FL

Posted By: wny_pat on 11/10/10 07:51pm

Don,
Suprised that you did not know. We have a special section for just that kind of stuff, along with recipes already in forum form. You can even print them out. Lots of folks around here put the crock pot, with fixings, in the sink, plug it in, and go. Take a look in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs. Every thing you ever wanted to know about Crockpot Cooking in a Motor Home and More!

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Posted By: BASSMAN50 on 11/10/10 05:25pm

barnaclebill wrote:

Deb has done crockpot meals many times, we have an inverter and do NOT need to run the genny. We also perk coffee while travelling and make toast, yes we are a "dangerous" couple!

Ha...if they only knew!!!!

Posted By: BASSMAN50 on 11/10/10 05:33pm

letssay wrote:

I too put mine in the kitchen sink. The last time I just put in cut chicken, you can use frozen if you cook it long enough, carrots, rice, water with some white wine, and a little celery salt. About 20 minutes before serving I added frozen corn and peas. The rice was a little mushy but it was a nice warm and most importantly, ready, meal. There are lots and lots of crock pot recipes that you can find through Google.
Enjoy

Sounds yummy!!!

Posted By: tahiti16 on 11/10/10 06:29pm

We love it especially if we know we are going to have a long day traveling! Cornbeef, pot roast, and chili are some of our favorites!

We also use the sink to hold it just in case it spills. We also just use an inverter powered plug. The current CP has a rubber gasket around the lid which helps a lot with rattling, also has a rubber band to secure it if we want.

Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Posted By: sheldons65 on 11/10/10 12:43pm

motorhomi wrote:

I guess we all must be getting old if cooking in a crockpot while driving is considered "walking on the wild side".

Thanks. I have to clean my computer screen now...lol!

Posted By: restorodder on 11/10/10 12:54pm

NO COOKING ON TRAVEL DAYS. Cereal&toast,for breakfast,sandwhichs and chips for lunch,unhook the toad and head for the best restaurant the area has to offer,for dinner. DW's RULE #1.

2008 Newmar Canyon Star - 2007 Dodge Dakota Toad - Ready Brute tow bar & brake system - one cat - Sassy 14

Posted By: fourmat on 11/10/10 02:14pm

jimo wrote:

When Barbara & I travel, Barbara only makes one item while in the coach. We call it reservations.
Yup same here

2009 Challenger

Posted By: supermod38 on 11/11/10 07:23am

NC-Hawk wrote:

Happy 235th Birthday tandkj!
~ Semper Fi ~

X-2

OOOHRAA

95 Southwind

Posted By: vcallaway on 11/10/10 02:18pm

I've made meatloafs in something similar to this. Essentially a 12v oven the size of lunchbox.

Bought one when we did a lot of traveling on a Goldwing. Fits in the trunk and does not leak. No inverter required.

Other than that not much. I do all the cooking and driving. Not real good at doing both at the same time

1989 Honey Maxum

Posted By: GeorgiaH on 11/10/10 01:06pm

you could always use mounts from larger sailboat stoves. They are small metal rails on each side of the stove about 2 inches up from the surface. Mounted on the rail are "arms", for lack of a better word, that slide around then lock in with a pressure screw onto the rails and go outward and around any pot on the stove in such a way as to lock the pot down while cooking. These little guys have saved many a meal on board boats I've captained. They can be adjusted for any reasonable size pot. I'm planning on mounting them in our new (to us) rig soon.

Although I do agree, its pretty dangerous to walk around in a moving vehicle, let alone boiling/cooking stuff on a hot stove as well. I plan on doing the cooking when parked and using the arms to hold a smaller pot on simmer for hot food in route.

cheers
geo

Georgia Hilton
Producer/Shooter/Editor
2007 Monaco Diplomat Limited Edition

US NAVY, NYS Peace Officer, Triumph Rocket III rider

Posted By: Ames on 11/17/10 08:39am

NC-Hawk wrote:

First I prepare the meal in the crock pot, and then turn on the generator. Then I place the crock pot in the sink. The sink keeps the crock pot from going anywhere, and if there is a spill, the sink takes care of it. I also do this method for the coffee pot.
Works for me.

Happy motoring......

Plus One

Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat
97 Beaver Patriot 40 Kitchen Slide
330 HP Member FMCA, BAC, Good Sam, CAT RV Club
Toad 2012 Dodge Durango RT AWD Hemi

Posted By: Kamphiker on 11/18/10 05:44am

Never thought about a Crock Pot while on the road. We always made Sandwiches while on the road even after 12 - 14 hours on the road to get to our final destination.

But now.......Maybe a new crock pot and a inverter are in the works for the next long trip.

Like to hear more users of 12 volt Crock Pots (Manufactures, Models, Size etc.)

The Crock Pot Recipe Index

2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

Posted By: Two Jayhawks on 11/14/10 06:11pm

We picked up a GE 6 qt(model# 169200) at the WM and what hooked me is a statement on the packaging "25% less power consumption". Actual power consumption on Hi is only 200 watts. Now I just have to get some practice before taking it on the road. Thanks for the reciepies.

Posted By: 2gypsies on 11/16/10 08:53pm

Our most memorable.....tooling down the Cassier Hwy. on our return from a summer in Alaska...with the sweet tangy smell of BBQ ribs in the CP. We pulled into a lakeside spot for the best meal ever! Ymmmm...I can still remember the all-day smell!!

Full-Timers for 16 Years
.... Now Seasonal
2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
2014 Chevy Equinox
2004 Jeep Liberty - for our fun

Posted By: TEO on 11/11/10 08:04am

My wife has been using the crock pot for cooking on the road for a long time. She gets everything ready and puts the CP in the sink, buffered with towels. There is not enough heat to worry about. She uses a bungee cord across the top and around the handles to keep the lid from making noise. It's so nice to have a nice warm and tasty meal ready when we get to the next destination.

Since they are low wattage, less than 225 watts, you can get a small inverter that plugs into a cigarette lighter.

Paul

Paul & Helen
2002 Winnebago Journey DL
1999 Jeep Cherokee toad
Yellow Lab, Jodie, Chocolate Lab, Coco , and Lab/Golden mix, Sandy.
FMCA 98905
http://ptempesta.blogspot.com

Posted By: RayChez on 11/17/10 03:31pm

We never have done it, but I don't really see any problems if you put the crock pot in the sink.
Wife does get up and makes me a sandwich on long drives or gets me a soda, but we never have cooked on a crock pot while on the road.

2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2013 Honda CR-V EX
Aventa II
FMCA member

Posted By: RayChez on 11/18/10 06:27am

Kamphiker wrote:

Never thought about a Crock Pot while on the road. We always made Sandwiches while on the road even after 12 - 14 hours on the road to get to our final destination.

But now.......Maybe a new crock pot and a inverter are in the works for the next long trip.

Like to hear more users of 12 volt Crock Pots (Manufactures, Models, Size etc.)

The Crock Pot Recipe Index

If you get an inverter it will convert the twelve volts into AC power or 120 volts, so it does not need to be a 12 volt crock pot.

Posted By: Tinstar on 11/13/10 08:15pm

scooterseats wrote:

We have motorhomed since 1976 and in our younger years, we routinely changed drivers, DW bathed the kids and put them to bed and even fried hamburgers while enroute. I have eaten many a meal while driving. When I was working and vacation time was so precious we felt the need to maximize our travel time. This was all when we were much younger, more limber and agile. I do not believe we will ever be able to do those tricks again. Now days we generally just travel but DW still gets up and answers natures calls while underway and gets us drinks from the fridge but that is about all.

Kids might not want Mama to bathe them anymore either.

Never pass up a chance to go somewhere

Posted By: captron33 on 11/14/10 08:49pm

Crock pot in the sink and the inverter on, no problem!

Posted By: sepisllib on 11/17/10 05:00am

BASSMAN50 wrote:

DW was curious how many prepare crock pot meals or other while traveling to your next destination.
Maybe share some recipe for other to use.
Thanks in Advance

I know there are many folks who feel that cooking while traveling is nothing but an extreme hazard. Should one become involved in an accident or have to slam on the brakes they point to the flying objects inside as very dangerous to one's life and health.

I, for one, advocate the cooking in a crockpot while traveling - if the generator must be used to keep warm or cool. Why not?

We place the crockpot in the sink and plug it in then drive on down the road to our destination. Nothing short of a major impact or roll-over will cause that thing to jump up out of the sink.

I have around 40,000 miles driving our coaches (2 over time) and I use the ledges on the side of coach, by the windows, for storage of lots of things. I have several books on one ledge, a container for pencils, pens, pads, paper clips and etc on one. I keep the TV, dish and DVD remote controls on one. On top of the cabinet behind the passenger seat I place my ink jet printer for use as I need it. Paper towel holder is on kitchen counter top. Dish drain rack is sitting on the counter top. We keep a flat of bread, snacks, and etc on the counter top.

Even though I have experienced the need to brake hard more than once - these items have always remained where they are placed.

If I do experience the occasion of major impact or rollover - then there are a great many other things to worry about other than the little things.

Heck - an earthquake could cause you to fall out of bed and break a leg too ------

My thoughts - secure as "you" feel the need and determine over time.

God Bless

Bill

* This post was edited 11/17/10 06:44am by an administrator/moderator *

Bill W. Trammell
Wife - Judy
2001 Monaco Dynasty Chancellor
2008 Malibu 2LT toad

Posted By: Lobstah on 11/17/10 02:47am

Ribs in a crockpot is just wrong on SO many levels

Jim

Posted By: mtrumpet on 11/15/10 11:53am

RVGRINGO wrote:

Boy! Am I salivating! We used to do all that cooking of really good stuff, enroute or parked. Now, I have six stents in my heart and occasional gout attacks. Ain't life great? What the heck; I was only dead once! Love those paddles! Hated the 'code blue' part, though.

Hey! Sounds like YOU'RE the one who should be giving US some healthy recipes!

Mark & Cherie (& Chloe)
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis
2003 Ford Explorer, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar w/ Ready Brake & Ready Stop

Posted By: AustinFlash on 11/13/10 12:01am

My wife has a dynamite lasagna meal for the Crock Pot. Any one wants let me know. (best lasagna she's ever made).

Posted By: dcbrewer on 11/14/10 08:30pm

For us it is lunch meat sandwiches, chips and soda, while in route.

Posted By: Dog Trainer on 11/18/10 06:43am

We use our crockpot and the inverter. As others have said we put it in the sink as we drive. A fovorite of mine is homemade saurkraut and kielbasa.

93 Airstream 35' Dp
5.9 230 uprated to 300 HP
Allison MD 3060
Shadow 12 yr old Golden Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles (fur Bearing Children) Duchess my Golden daddys little girl at the Rainbow bridge since 4/12

Posted By: BASSMAN50 on 11/17/10 05:45pm

DW dug out one of her Crock- pot recipe books, already planning food for the trip to the sunny south.
Think it will be fun to smell the pork roast while driving... Ha!!

Posted By: BASSMAN50 on 11/12/10 04:19am

Thanks for all the replies and tips. We will have a hot meal during our next trip at the end of the day.

Posted By: tahiti16 on 11/12/10 03:45pm

We have not been able to run either of ours off a pocket inverter, believe the issue was the lighter socket not the inverter. If you want to use a small one I would wire to battery instead of using the lighter socket. There also higher amp rated sockets available aftermarket that might work.

One issue for us is smelling it cooking back there all day can be distracting!

When we did the trip to Idaho Cheryl commented after we were back on the road it was the fastest meal on the road ever. Sandwiches are even slower and we had a full meal!

Posted By: Jay58 on 11/14/10 05:11pm

Hamilton Beach just came out with a crock pot that has latches to hold the lid on.

1996 HR Endeavor 37.5
230 Cumins, 6 spd. Allison
2009 Saturn Vue
Towmaster dolly
Central Florida (East Coast)

Posted By: Jim Norman on 11/13/10 03:11pm

Way back when, I can remember my dad driving while Mom stood at the stove making breakfast at 65MPH. We had a converted delivery van, started out with the two sliding doors and the seats that you rocked forward to get around, the 'dash' was a large flat surface. My younger brother sat there back to the side window, I had the catapult seat, Pop drove. Doors were open, no seat belts.

No radio, no TV, no AC. Much fun, many miles. If we did it today some government agency would arrest Mom and Dad and put the two of us in foster care.

So, do we cook underway now? No, but we do eat. I prefer snacks as opposed to meals so I have a chest full of veggies, cheese, smoke meat sticks, crackers and bottles of water. Being the cheap sort, I don't run the genset unless I have to.

2009 Itasca Sunova 35J
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Posted By: pasusan on 11/13/10 04:58am

AustinFlash wrote:

My wife has a dynamite lasagna meal for the Crock Pot. Any one wants let me know. (best lasagna she's ever made).
Yes! Don't keep it a secret - please post it here:
Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Posted By: pasusan on 11/17/10 05:31am

vcallaway wrote:

They had those at Target but they were all 6qt and bigger.

Since recently becoming empty nesters I'm having a real hard time with making too much food. Problem with that is I tend to eat too much.
We got this one:

at Amazon. It is only 1.5 qts and it has a:
• Lid with rubber seal and Lid Latch™ strap for spill-resistant travel

I haven't used it while traveling yet, but I do use it when we are going to be out all day. Great for empty nesters!

Posted By: Snowfether on 11/15/10 07:45pm

This is such a fun thread!!! As soon as I got the motor home, I couldn't WAIT to put something in the crockpot and drive down the road while my chicken casserole cooked away! We got to the campsite, got all set up and surprised my sisters and their husbands with a full home cooked meal and since I have a motor home, it took me about 15 minutes to get all set up and 10 minutes to have dinner on the table while they were finishing setting up their trailers!

I fixed a nice salad and while we were eating, I had brownies in the oven for dessert! Aaaaah, I tell you, it doesn't get any better than that! Only down side is, they all expect it every time we go out now. LOL!!!

37' 1995 Newmar Kountry Aire
We named her "Lacy Lucy"..."Lucy" for short so as not to confuse with my name. "We (heart) Lucy"
She's been a member of our family since 10/31/09 and we love her to pieces!!

Posted By: Gone4Good on 11/17/10 06:52am

We don't cook while driving, and haven't really seen the need. The nice thing about full-timing is that we're not in a great hurry to get anywhere specific so we limit our drives to three or four hours. On travel day we'll either eat some leftovers or make a relatively quick meal like Penne Arrabiatta or Kung Pao Chicken or something. The only difference I see between that and working a crock pot is that I do meal prep after the drive instead of before.

Winnebago Sightseer 33C
Filled with the wife, cat, wine and beer.
Touring North America full-time
Blogging about it all here: http://everywhereonce.com/
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EverywhereOnce

Posted By: RVGRINGO on 11/15/10 10:05am

Boy! Am I salivating! We used to do all that cooking of really good stuff, enroute or parked. Now, I have six stents in my heart and occasional gout attacks. Ain't life great? What the heck; I was only dead once! Love those paddles! Hated the 'code blue' part, though.

Posted By: fanciesmom on 11/15/10 09:43am

Bigdog wrote:

jomarfl wrote:

Oh Lord.....I would be in heaven....

Ditto!!! I can smell the goodness now. DH has been jabbering about a duck in the crockpot with kraut. Have to pre-cook the duck to get rid of the fat first. Hmmmmmmmm

Paranoia is only hindsight in advance.

Posted By: vcallaway on 11/13/10 05:50pm

You guys talked me into a crockpot. Visited my local Target store and they had a nice 4qt for $15.

Plugged it into the kill-o-watt and was surprised. 217 watts. Got some stew going in it now and seems to be doing the job.

At only 217 watts it should be inverter friendly.

Posted By: vcallaway on 11/14/10 05:42pm

They had those at Target but they were all 6qt and bigger.

Since recently becoming empty nesters I'm having a real hard time with making too much food. Problem with that is I tend to eat too much.

Posted By: silver turd on 11/17/10 03:28pm

We occasionally travel with a crockpot. It is 12 volt and small, but nice for the two of us. We have a band that holds the lid on and we also take a velcro strap and secure it to the faucet as it sits in our kitchen sink. We have never had a problem and it is great to smell that comfort food while you are going down the road. I just tend to make up my recipes based on what I have on hand. Love to use fresh herbs. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Posted By: tlove101 on 11/17/10 10:14am

jimo wrote:

Way to go Kid

Posted By: MWTT on 11/15/10 01:02pm

Lobstah wrote:

I would definitely do this for some of our longer trips...my only problem is that we don't have an inverter, and I can't justify running the generator for 6-8hrs of driving, just to run a crockpot
I may add an inverter, at some point, but I think it may end up being a requirement for the NEXT coach.

Jim

Don't need an inverter. Truckers have been cooking and everything else for years on 12 volts. Just check your local truckstop or online for everything, crockpot, popcorn maker, fans, coffee maker, etc that needs 12 volts or a cigerette lighter. At worst just add a 12 volt outlet to the back half of your rig and your set. it's cheap.
Driving and cooking is the way to go. Cheaper and better for you.
The only hard part is the smell and waiting for it to be done cooking.

Motorized Whiskey Tango Tango

it's pronounced "Ore-gun"

Print  |  Close