Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best Light Bunkhouse
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Best Light Bunkhouse

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
DaddyO-NV

Vega$

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for best lightweight bunkhouse TT for family of 4...there are so many options. TV is an 2010 F150 screw, FX4, 3.73L...trying to stay away from anything +27' for easy parking in forest service campspots

So far we looked at and like:

Skyline Aljo 263
Skyline Nomad 227LT
Milan 24LSBHG
Heartland Focus FX23

anything we should look at or any feedback on the above? Getting ready to pull the trigger 1-2 weeks.

2010 F150 5.4L
SCrew FX4, 3.73L

RIP...2003 F350 PS 7.3L SCrew FX4
RIP...2004 Nash 28' 5er

krraasch

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 12:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey....we're looking for the same. Sounds like you can pull more than us, but the Shadow Cruiser 260BH is lovely and super light (around 4000 lbs). We're also about to pull the trigger after looking at loads of TT's and going to many shows. The Keystone Passport has a light one also with bunks, but was about 600 lbs more, and we're thinking the lighter the better for us. If anyone knows anything about the Shadow Cruiser that a prospective buyer would like to know...please share. My in-laws has an axel break on their 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser from the early 1990's, but that thing was taken all over the US including to Alaska from Colorado, twice. Good luck. Pipe in if you decided already and have any firm opinions. Thanks.

magila

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out the KingSport by Gulfstream 265 BHS. Goes under a couple different names if KingSport is not in your area. Really good floor plan for a family of 4. I take delivery of mine tomorrow!!

DaddyO-NV

Vega$

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

krraasch wrote:

Hey....we're looking for the same. Sounds like you can pull more than us, but the Shadow Cruiser 260BH is lovely and super light (around 4000 lbs). We're also about to pull the trigger after looking at loads of TT's and going to many shows. The Keystone Passport has a light one also with bunks, but was about 600 lbs more, and we're thinking the lighter the better for us. If anyone knows anything about the Shadow Cruiser that a prospective buyer would like to know...please share. My in-laws has an axel break on their 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser from the early 1990's, but that thing was taken all over the US including to Alaska from Colorado, twice. Good luck. Pipe in if you decided already and have any firm opinions. Thanks.

what is your tow vehicle? Pretty much all the trailers we are looking at are 6000# or less...there are tons of options - I'll check out the shadow cruiser - thanks

cyberiankhatru

Youngsville NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at this:
Rockwood 2501SS

May not be for everybody but it's at the top of our list.

krraasch

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2004 Toyota Sequoia, that can tow 6500 lbs max (the newer Sequoias are heartier).

membler

Denver

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/11 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are picking our Shadow Cruiser 260 on Saturday. We looked at the Passport but the extra 600 lbs and more tongue weight concerned me. Also wife liked the interior better so that sealed the deal.

We are happy with our choice so far.

Mike & Kathy

krraasch

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 06:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The interior is uncommonly attractive in the Shadow Cruiser 260. Some of the other manufacturers have fabric Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith Show threw out decades ago! Please report back on how your first trip with it goes. Thanks.

krraasch

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/11 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That Rockwood 250 looks great!

Stclairm

Apex, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/11 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been looking at the FR Surveyor Sport SP260 and Passport 250BH, both are under 5000 lbs, the Surveyor is about 4400.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Best Light Bunkhouse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS