Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: 2001-2003 Suzuki XL-7
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2001-2003 Suzuki XL-7

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
nfun2

summer north-winter south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/05/12 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greetings,
Where can I get the best price for tow brackets for the above vehicle using the Roadmaster tow bar?

TIA

hilldude

Red house WV

View Profile

Posted: 04/07/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you need a base plate I bought new one on Ebay for $130.00 with shipping,it is a Demco well built.I mounted it on my Chevy Tracker had to cut the bumper cover to fit.they had a couple more.cant beat the price.

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/12 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hilldude wrote:

Dakzuki wrote:

hilldude wrote:

If you need a base plate I bought new one on Ebay for $130.00 with shipping,it is a Demco well built.I mounted it on my Chevy Tracker had to cut the bumper cover to fit.they had a couple more.cant beat the price.

Beyond modifying the bumper did it all bolt in the way it should..all holes lined up right? I'm looking at the instructions and they're a bit different from each other (Tracker vs XL7 base).
Every thing bolted up no problems.Installed it and used a sallzall to cut bumper cover.I think the one for Tracker sticks out farther to clear the bumper cover.I think the only difference between the tracker and Suzuki is bumper cover.

Thanks a bunch. Just ordered one. The price is right.

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

hilldude

Red house WV

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/12 07:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dakzuki wrote:

hilldude wrote:

Beyond modifying the bumper did it all bolt in the way it should..all holes lined up right? I'm looking at the instructions and they're a bit different from each other (Tracker vs XL7 base).
Every thing bolted up no problems.Installed it and used a sallzall to cut bumper cover.I think the one for Tracker sticks out farther to clear the bumper cover.I think the only difference between the tracker and Suzuki is bumper cover.

topflite51

In The Desert of Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/12 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it is worth department. The Roadmaster bracket for your year XL-7 is out of production, and not scheduled to be produced until later this month. I ordered mine over a month ago from PPL, it was on sale at the time.

David
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to golf or fish
Simply Despicable
Any errors are a result of CRS.

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/09/12 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hilldude wrote:

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> 2001-2003 Suzuki XL-7
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS