Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Blue Ridge Res in Arizona
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Blue Ridge Res in Arizona

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
glraz

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 12:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trying to find out more information regarding dispersed camping near Rock Crossing Campground by the Blue Ridge Res. I see that there is a camp ground that is first come first serve but wanted to see if anyone had info regarding dispersed camping in the area.

We typically have been going to Woods Canyon on the rim road (fr 9350 or 9354) but looking for another option.

Thanks,
Gary

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two campgrounds in the area Rock Crossing and Blue Ridge. The latter is about a mile of the pavement, the former right near the reservoir. I think your TT is a bit big for either one, or at least Blue Ridge. The area is sort of open ponderosa pine forest, though, so I think you would have some opportunities to dry camp in the area. There are also some open areas I'm sure you could get into along 87 in the vicinity, too. Those are probably not a big attraction if your goal is to get near the water. Sorry I can't be more precise, it's been awhile since I camped in that area. If noone jumps in with some better information I'd just go there and check it out, I think odds are you could dry camp there. If it looks tight, go back in solo to be sure you can maneuver the TT.

glraz

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/12 09:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks for the info. The FS website (http://tiny.cc/dl41gw) states 32' length and our TT is 26' so hopefully we can fit. Would actually prefer to dry camp as we don't like being in tight.

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/12 02:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 26' I'm pretty confident you could find a place to boondock. Per your link, they've obviously done some work at the campground,as I remember it there was no way you'd get a 30'er back there.

glraz

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a follow up to this thread. We did end up visiting the cg in early Sept. It is a great place and we really enjoyed it. There are about half the sites that we could fit it with our tt. We found the best one in my opinion which was the last spot on the right just before you make the loop.

We plan to visit there again next year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Blue Ridge Res in Arizona
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS