Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: washer & dryer - yea or nea ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> washer & dryer - yea or nea ?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
3 dog nights

Central, Virginia USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New 5'ver has the hook ups, wife was all excited about the prospect of having our "own" laundry facilities. Then "she" questioned the loss of storage and winterizing. I looked at venting. We are stumped.
How many have actually installed w&d, are happy with them and would repeat. How much trouble is it to winterize and vent?

Bob & Lynn
3 Hua's and Memories of the late, great Zoe, the camping Chow
2013 Open Range 424RLS, Hensley TS-3 Hitch
4-6v golf cart batteries & 2 Honda EU2000i
06' Chevy 3500, dually, crew, Duramax/Allison

the bear II

Torrance CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 01:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vent through the side wall. On the outside of the wall is a louvered vent that opens by the force of the dryer exhaust air. It closes automatically to prevent anything from getting in.

We had a W/D stack put in our 5th wheel by the factory while it was being manufactured. The W/D are great. Instead of packing a weeks worth of clothes, I only bring 3 outfits. My DW still packs for several weeks.

It's nice not having to go anywhere to do laundry. I wouldn't have an RV without a W/D.

Dieseldave

Forney, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 01:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is our 3rd fiver, but the 1st one that we had a W/D in. We have the stackable W/D and vent through the outside wall. Would not have another RV without it. Since the dryer is only 120v it does take a little longer to dry the cloths but it's not that big of a deal.

Here's all you need for venting. Vent - clicky

NC Hauler

Asheville NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the washer/dryer combo..wife loves it...just she and I so it does all we need..takes a smaller load and a little longer to do the job, but does the job well....wouldn't be with out it...Highly recommend you oging with a stackable or W/D combo...

Jim & Kathy
2013 Dodge 3500DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin tranny/4:10/Cummins: 385HP/850TQ
06 HR Presidential Suite 37RLQ/SK3005 Satellite/Splendide XC2100/4slide/dual pane windows
2014 Jeep Compass Ltd 4X4
Boxers;Buddy& Sheba II
USAF 71-75 Nam Vet

yogi154

peotone il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 01:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are thinking the same thing, but wondering about going combo. We just hate losing the room in closet. Wife has to bring all the quilting stuff. We are looking at a vented combo but just not sure what way to go. Double or combo ??

ljr

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 01:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a w/d factory installed on my new 5er last year. Now I couldn't live without it. I really hate laundromats.

Larry

nivrig

Kingsville Md

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a Combo Unit last year. It was not a hard job. It has been very convenient and we would not be without one now. Beings as it was a Combo unit, we use the space over the unit as a closet, so we did not really loose to much space.

sam

Sam Nivrig
2001 F350, CC, 4WD, PSD, DW
2009 Select Suites 36RESB3
2002 Alpenlite Limited, Cheyenne 950

Irelands child

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a fairly large 5er, by all means do that washer/dryer. If you have a small one, i.e. under approx. 30 feet, you might be losing that needed storage space. Ours, 34', is plumbed for the Splendide, but I have just modified the space for better storage and a place for the pup's sleeping crate as we seldom stay out more then a week. Oh, if you might be susceptible to the washer/dryer's vibrations - that can be tough for some folks in a trailer.

tvfrfireman

Portland, Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/12 02:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The people who have them seem to love them and those who like the storage wouldn't have a W/D. My wife likes going to the laudromat as she says she can have all four or five loads done in a couple of hours. We have some friends with a washer dry combo and it takes for ever to do a small load. If it was up to me, I would like to try a W/D in our new trailer.

motorcycle jack

FT all over

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/12 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fir us full timers it's a must. We have the separate side by side units in our 5th wheel. Don;t have to waste time going to a laundromat or the CG facilities. Winterizing? What's that?

John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> washer & dryer - yea or nea ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS