Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Kid activities Oct 26-28
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Kid activities Oct 26-28

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Krazykid

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/12 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are having a tuff time finding someplace to go Oct 26-28. Yogi bear in Crosby, Tn is booked, oceanlakes does really have a lot available, James island county park doesn't have activities planned, stone mountain, ga is pretty well booked. We don't mind drive three to four hours to camp for the the weekend, but would like to have something for our two young boys (7 and 5) to do Halloween related that is. (We weren't overly impressed with the jellystone park in Cherokee, NC). Not a bad place, just not impressive. Our starting point is Greenville, SC. We have not not tried any KOA's if they do something for the kids. Any ideas?

workhardplayharder

Treasure Coast Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/12 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to Jelly Stone in Marion NC several years back when the teens were kids. They had a good Halloween party.

schrecker96

NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/12 08:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jellystone at Riverbottom Farms in Swansea outside of Columbia has activities for Halloween. But I think they are booked.

Fancy GAP KOA in VA just over the NC state line has Haloween activities and as of two days ago had sites.

2010 Jayco Eagle 313RKS

Krazykid

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/12 06:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper Mama Bear wrote:

check the KOAs in the area. I would suspect they have something planned. We were just at James Island County Park for Christmas. Since it is so close to Charleston, see if there are activities either at Charles Towne Landing, or at the aquarium that you could bring the kids to. A quick search of Charleston visitor website will probably bring up Halloween events during that time, you could see if there are any that interest your children.

Thanks as this is one of favorite campgrounds so far, I will give that I try.

Camper Mama Bear

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/12 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

check the KOAs in the area. I would suspect they have something planned. We were just at James Island County Park for Christmas. Since it is so close to Charleston, see if there are activities either at Charles Towne Landing, or at the aquarium that you could bring the kids to. A quick search of Charleston visitor website will probably bring up Halloween events during that time, you could see if there are any that interest your children.

Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Kid activities Oct 26-28
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS