Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Las Vegas nevada law
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Las Vegas nevada law

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
jetboat

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We spent the winter in phoenix az,as thousands spend time in the state of arizona.Never had a issue with a non resedence rule.It was money in arizonas pocket.
Las Vegas,new one year rule.all visiting folks who stay in vegas over 30 days need a permit from the dmv($12.00)alliwing them to stay.The Constables in vegas have nothing better to do than drive thru parks and record licence plates and how there here.I know,as do others,we got a notice that we were in violation of the 30 day rule,and will pay $100.00 fine and either get nevada tags and licence,or get the permit,but the $100.00 fine must be paid first.The Constable ststed no one anymore will stay in vegas with out permits,and since its a very new rule,there making money had over fist with wintering folks,besides,we need the money.
Just passing this along folks.

Billieg2

Gone from this forum

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's crazy. They do this to travelers in CG's? If they did that here in FL we would lose half the state population....

In my life I've spent my money on women, booze, Harleys, guitars and traveling, the rest I just wasted...

2007 Ford F-350 diesel/dually & Sunnybrook Titan KSRV 39-1 Toy hauler 5th wheel hauling my custom Harley

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/12 09:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

from the AZDOT website:

Resident Definition
State law requires that you obtain an Arizona vehicle registration and driver license, immediately if any of the following applies. If you:
  • Work in Arizona (other than for seasonal agricultural work
  • Are registered to vote in Arizona
  • Place children in school without paying the tuition rate of a nonresident
  • Have a business that has an office in Arizona, and that bases and operates vehicles in this state
  • Obtain a state license or pay school tuition fees at the same rate as an Arizona resident
  • Have a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona
  • Remain in Arizona for a total of 7 months or more during any calendar year, regardless of your permanent residence.

Out-of-state students enrolled with 7 or more semester hours, are not considered Arizona residents, regardless of employment.
Active duty military personnel based in Arizona who qualify for exemption under the Service Members Civil Relief Act of 2003 are not considered Arizona residents.

it may be that Las Vegas is requiring some sort of city sticker but i doubt very much that they can require you to register your vehicle in AZ in order to stay in the city. me? i'd ask what state, county or local law/ordinance allows them to do this and if they refuse i'd let the CG owner know why you're taking your business elsewhere.

pls report back what you learn.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Every retired man needs three things....a good truck, a good dog and a working wife

'10 Jeep Liberty KK

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'd think there'd be something in the media SOMEWHERE about this, if it's really happening in the way/scale the O.P. describes....can't find a thing!

That having been said: It really sounds like a crackdown on vehicle-registration shenanigans to me...

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm confused. What does Las Vegas have to do with AZ

Our Road Less Traveled

jetboat

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its simple,if the rule is not known about the $12.00 permit,then they get $100.00,$88.00 additional,simple more money. then get your permit,and stay,just a another way of revenue.

daveor

southern oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The way I read it, the OP said that if you stay in Vegas you needed a permit,, nothing to do with AZ,

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Las Vegas is in Clark County and they march to a different step than anyone else in NV. Remember when Clark county prohibited the parking of an RV anywhere except a campground and rigidly enforced it in Laughlin? Clark county currently prohibits the parking of an RV in ANY retail parking lot during the hours of darkness and again it is rigidly enforced. Yes, I can believe Clark county put this new fee in effect and is rigidly enforcing it against all RVers, as they despise the RV community.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/'10 Rzr or '13 Suzuki 500 riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

jetboat

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed in arizona for 6 mo.for the first time,and asked the ones that have done this over the years,no permits they said.just not over the 6mo.but vegas now has a new rule they said,get the permit thats not known and stay a short while,or pay the fine.
Iam just letting others know,so they get there permits from the dmv.

bdpreece

Woodburn Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/12 10:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If someone can find a link to this law please post it. If true it would have to be a Las Vegas city ordinance or as stated above a Clark county ordinance. I did find an article where Nevada changed the residency law from 60 to 30 days See Here.

Notice where it specifically says

"But the March 21 opinion by Legislative Counsel Brenda Erdoes said that border state residents, tourists or seasonal residents in Nevada do not have to change plates even if they are in the state for more than 30 days in a year. Requiring them to do so would place an "unconstitutional burden on the ability of the nonresident to engage in interstate travel,"

They also state that this is a secondary offense and you will not be stopped for having out of state plates.

Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Las Vegas nevada law
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: