Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tent Camping: Breaking camp
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Breaking camp

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
campn4walleye

Central WI

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/12 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used to tent camp before we got our TC. It was always difficult to get things back together neatly.

I saw the smartest thing this weekend. These folks had laid out a tarp and placed all their containers on it, so that they could sort and put everything back in it's place.

Now why didn't I think of that?!!!

2011 Adventurer 910FBS,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD, 4x4, LB,CC,6 speed auto,3.73 axle, General 17" on/off road
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Eyegor

NY

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/12 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When backpacking, I always try to place items back in the pack immediately. Otherwise, I have the exact same problem. When car camping, everything gets thrown wherever it fits until we get back home. Our MH doesn't have a lot of storage, and almost no exterior storage so we are still doing the "shove it wherever it will fit for now" thing.

87 Mallard Sprinter 24' Class C Ford E350 w/460 gas "The Runny Duck"
Shiny side up, Rubber side down.

rfryer

Phoenix

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/12 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Packing and repacking is always a PITA, especially if you’re traveling rather than camping, so anything that helps organize is a big plus. I used a little different approach. I designed and built two grub boxes that would easily fit in the back of my ’73 Bronco. One held my stove, lantern, fuel, and all cooking and eating utensils. The lid folded down into a cooking surface, it had a drawer for silverware, and four detachable legs to elevate it to a comfortable height. The other was simpler and just had compartments to hold the rest of my gear, excluding of course my tent and sleeping bags. That was a major upgrade in convenience for me, but it was still a pain if I was moving every day. When I got my PU I found it was far preferable for traveling, though not so much for camping.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Breaking camp
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS