Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Camping for Thanksgiving
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping for Thanksgiving

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
danewguy

LI, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/12 12:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello All....

Our group of campers are talking about camping for Thanksgiving. We are located in Ny and all have either motorhomes or trailers, we are looking for a place that has some good indoor stuff as a back up if the weather doesn't hold out and the kids get nuts. Anyone have any ideas? We are open to traveling out of NY if we have to

Thanks

2007 Georgie Boy Landau 33ft

Triker33

Homestead, FL

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/12 02:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They will be several places open in Florida. Weather is usually good then.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/12 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We go to Pigeon Forge for Thanksgiving most years. We stay at Pine Mountain RV Park, which has an indoor pool and hot tub available for use. It is in downtown, but is back behind a knoll, so you don't get all the noise from the Parkway. It has lots and lots of shopping, if that is for you on Black Friday. DH always goes for me - I am NOT a shopper.

This might be too far for you to travel, but it is usually decently warm (60's and sometimes 70s) during the day, but good campfire weather in the evenings. The Great Smoky Mountain NP is only 15 minutes away and the wildlife is usually still active at that time of the year.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/12 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper Mama Bear wrote:

Also Hershey, PA...Hershey park is decorated for Christmas. Plenty of indoor and outdoor tourist stuff to do in Hershey. If you stay at Hershey Highmeadow campground there is a shuttle to the park.

Never been there for Thanksgiving, but we stayed at Highmeadow this summer, rode the shuttle to and from HPark and can't recommend it enough. The sites are not large, but other than that, the place is great.

gregrc75

New Bedford, Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/12 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA. They have an indoor pool, a nice rec hall with a fireplace, and I believe they even do a Thanksgiving Dinner.

Greg and J
Sam - the Golden Retriever. Ben - the Yellow Lab
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR
2012 Nissan Titan SL CC

Camper Mama Bear

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/12 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Otter Lake Campground...Poconos of PA. they have an indoor swimming pool, as well as a rec hall.

Also Hershey, PA...Hershey park is decorated for Christmas. Plenty of indoor and outdoor tourist stuff to do in Hershey. If you stay at Hershey Highmeadow campground there is a shuttle to the park.

Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

Bird Freak

Calhoun, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/12 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also do PigeonForge Tenn. Been doing this for years now and Jekyll Island for Christmas.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs-28years
We love 56 T-Birds

danewguy

LI, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/12 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Triker33 wrote:

They will be several places open in Florida. Weather is usually good then.

Thought about Florida but I can't go to Florida and not goto Disney etc. just don't want to get that involved. I'm just a Disney junkie!

danewguy

LI, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/12 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gregrc75 wrote:

Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA. They have an indoor pool, a nice rec hall with a fireplace, and I believe they even do a Thanksgiving Dinner.

Thanks, this is just what we were looking for. Have you ever been there at Thanksgiving time? How crowded is it?

Chock Full o' Nuts

GA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/12 05:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No suggestion, but I hope you get to do your Thanksgiving trip. My family has done that twice and it was so much fun. Well, except for the time I broke my ankle on Thanksgiving Day while running to catch my mentally handicapped son who was headed for a cliff. Caught my foot in a hole and "POW!" My family heard it from 30 yards away! Somebody ran to catch Christian, while the other worked on me. I was too embarrassed to go to the ER for "just a little sprain." Hunh! Six days later I was in a non-weight-bearing cast just in time for Christmas. Yeah, not my finest decision.

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping for Thanksgiving
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts