Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Drunk driver wrecked my truck tonight - pics
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drunk driver wrecked my truck tonight - pics

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Next
BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/12 11:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I consider myself to be quite defensive when it comes to driving, always watching out, looking at other vehicles, preparing for any bonehead thing they may do....

But you know, sometimes some clown does something right into the path of your vehicle and there is not a blinkin thing you can do except brace for impact.

I was just about to enter an intersection on a green light tonight when a driver in a 2001 Mazda sedan had stopped to wait for me. Then he suddenly booted it and turned left, right in front of my truck.

Cars in the other lane, there wasn't a thing I could do except slam on the brakes and brace for impact.

I got out and walked over to see if he was ok. Shaken and dazed, he was alright. He opened his door and the car reeked of booze. And so did he.

My truck clobbered his car so hard that it spun a full 360 and crashed into a car stopped at the light.

I'm not a happy camper right now. I have been very diligent at taking care of my truck, being careful not to scratch it and so on. For a 6 year old truck it was in beautiful shape, even though it is a work truck.

But nobody was injured, that's the main thing. Tomorrow will tell if there is anything there. My neck is a bit sore on the right as is my right wrist.

Sighhhhhhhhh.............

Now look at it - I hope it isn't totaled. I would mutter a four letter word now, but can't post it. Use your imagination...

* This post was last edited 10/19/12 09:36pm by BobsYourUncle *   View edit history

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Duramax / Allison
Fire Red

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

81 Citation 25' "Tail dragger" "Under construction"

"Workin' man's rig"

Bob's Trucks

Check Out My Rebuild Project

Project Feedback

LQuig

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/12 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you & other people not hurt,,of course drunk was ok,he was relaxed!!

Paythebill

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/12 11:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad your not hurt... Trucks can be fixed. Hope the drunk does not change you with assualt.

Chevy 2010 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Vortex
2014 Heartland Wilderness 2175RB

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/12 11:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW....I'm not a body shop (but did stay in a Holiday Inn last night), but is sure looks to me that you have only sheet metal damage. Your opponent on the other hand, once he gets out of jail and his license back will be looking for a new ride.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

jackandh2o

Golden Valley, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/12 11:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will say it for you----that bites.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/12 11:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naw, that won't be a 'total'.. Probably 5 grand to fix your truck at most.. That's what insurance is for and it'll come from the drunks side, if he has insurance...

Shouldn't have even set off your air bag... You didn't say if it did or not, but I'd be surprised if it did..

Glad all came thru alive.. Even the drunk... Hopefully the police verified the deal and the rest is just going to be a hassle..

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2003 Prowler Lynx 722F #5000 GVWR and weighs every bit of it! Happy Camping!

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/12 11:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lets just hope he has insurance...

Looks like he almost made it haha... I guess the other car got involved as well...

Glad you are ok...

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

BobsYourUncle

Surrey, BC Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/12 12:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Naw, that won't be a 'total'.. Probably 5 grand to fix your truck at most.. That's what insurance is for and it'll come from the drunks side, if he has insurance...

Shouldn't have even set off your air bag... You didn't say if it did or not, but I'd be surprised if it did..

Glad all came thru alive.. Even the drunk... Hopefully the police verified the deal and the rest is just going to be a hassle..

Mitch

Heck, replacing a back fender and running boards was 8 grand last year!! Front end is pushed into the tire, fender and hood buckled and the obvious stuff in the pic. I think it's more like ten grand, but I'll find out when I take it to a shop.

I talked the cops into letting me drive it home damaged like that. Many thousands of dollars worth of tools and I don't want it sitting in a tow yard.

No, didn't set off air bag.

Everyone at site, fire crews, cops, others smelled the booze. Cops dealt with it. They had cop car parked close and trunk open - likely to have him blow.

No injuries - that's the most important thing. Vehicles can be fixed. His was very obviously totaled.

scotty63

British Columbia Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/12 12:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is the pits Bob. When I go down to visit the kids in Surrey, I sure enjoy the return trip to the North Thompson. Give me the mountains any day.
Glad no one was hurt, and hopefully you won't be too long getting the truck repaired.

Ron

Ron & Jean
Kia , Spot & Frankie
British Columbia

Support Crafters and Farmers Markets

Retirement takes all the meaning out of weekend

forty4san

Full Time, Some Place

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/12 01:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, Bob, I'm so very sorry .. I know what it's like. It wasn't your fault but they make you feel like it was. When DH T boned some guy we didn't like how we were treated by that guys insurance so we went through our own. Although the truck was payed off we still had full coverage.

Your airbag didn't deploy so that's a good thing. When the truck gets repaired (and it will be) insist on ONLY OEM parts.

Did the cops haul the guy off to jail? Looks like 2 other cars were involved.

You tensed up so you are going to hurt ... Please see a Dr. I know you are ok, but will look better that you got checked out.

Susan I
2008 McKenzie Starwood 32 FKD TT
Hensley & Prodigy Brake Controller
03 Dodge 3500 Quad HO Diesel DRW 4:10
Fulltiming, On the road somewhere.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drunk driver wrecked my truck tonight - pics
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues