Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Trade-In has not been paid off
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trade-In has not been paid off

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Ignacio Cardenas

Whittier Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/12 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, I traded in my 31 ft. Class A last August 03 at McMahon's RV in Westminister Ca. We downgraded to a smaller diesel Winnebago Class C. I recently checked my account with Bank of the West to see if the loan was paid off. I was expecting an $80.00 overpayment but to my surprise my loan was still active and accrueing interest. As of October 5th they had not paid off and closed my account. I had spoken with the loan officer at McMahon's to see where it was at and was reassured that it would be paid off. I never got a follow up call. I also wrote an e-mail to the vice president of the company but never got a reply. These guys have been nice and courteous when I do talk to them but nobody can give me an exact date that they would pay off my loan. I just received a letter from Bank of the West stating that they would start charging me for insurance on the rig. I called them up to explain but since I have not heard from McMahon, I am still quite in the dark to what is going to happen. I have already made 3 payments on my new rig and have not received my registration either. I could sure use some help with these matters to clear it up. Thanks.

* This post was edited 10/22/12 12:44pm by an administrator/moderator *

Washington, DC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/12 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Forum Technical Support

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/12 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will need to contact the consumers affairs office for that area or seek legal advice. Nobody here can help you with such matters short of an attorney and that will squash this thread anyway.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 12:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would be knocking on someones door!

I would not leave with out it being resolved!

2011 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3500 Dually Long Bed, Cummins 350/800 HO, Towin Machine
B&W Companion Hitch, Maghytec Trans and Rear Dif Covers, AMZ/OIL Top To Bottom
2007 1/2 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 27,000# Combined

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it were me, I'd take my bill of sale down to the bank and show them that the unit is no longer yours, and go in person to the dealer and find out what the situation is. It's very easy to put someone off over the phone. Sounds like it's time to camp out at their place, try to get some definite answers, maybe even have them call the bank to explain the situation. None of this will do much, if any, good unless you have all the necessary paperwork showing transfer of ownership of both units.

You need hard facts from the dealer, not placating explanations.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 12:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact the Bank as above NOW...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

JALLEN4

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 01:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

If it were me, I'd take my bill of sale down to the bank and show them that the unit is no longer yours, and go in person to the dealer and find out what the situation is. It's very easy to put someone off over the phone. Sounds like it's time to camp out at their place, try to get some definite answers, maybe even have them call the bank to explain the situation. None of this will do much, if any, good unless you have all the necessary paperwork showing transfer of ownership of both units.

You need hard facts from the dealer, not placating explanations.

The bank involved could care less how much paperwork you have at the end of the day. The customer made the loan, signed the contract, and is responsible to the day it is satisfied.

I would immediately call or visit the local office of the California Motor Vehicle Bureau. Most every state has a law giving dealers a time frame in which the lien must be satisfied and their time is long expired. This is one of the most serious problems you can possibly have with a dealer and is not something to wait on taking action.

vic46

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to do a title search on your purchase to determine hoe the title is registered. Quite likely still in McMahon's name. just might be time to have one visit and then seek legal advice. You sure don't want to wind up with nothing but debt!
Vic

Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and JAX, Fla

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/12 01:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Advice for trade-ins ... when you pick up your new RV, pick up a check from the dealer for the amount of the payoff, and take it to your bank. Make it part of your contract and you won't have this problem.

If that dealer goes belly up, you still owe the bank - never allow anyone to 'own' your RV trade without evidence of payoff, or a check for payoff.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & JAX Fla
GMC 2500 4x4 Sierra X-Cab
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
2002 Angler 8B
Back-country camping fanatic

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/12 01:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

Advice for trade-ins ... when you pick up your new RV, pick up a check from the dealer for the amount of the payoff, and take it to your bank. Make it part of your contract and you won't have this problem.

If that dealer goes belly up, you still owe the bank - never allow anyone to 'own' your RV trade without evidence of payoff, or a check for payoff.

Thats a great idea.I havent traded in anything in so long that wasnt paid for never thought about this.
There was a Nissan dealer near me in Longview a few years back that was doing something funny with tradeins,not paying off and selling after applying/receiving "lost title" and several of them went to jail.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trade-In has not been paid off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS