Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: RV Direct (Orlando RV Location
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Direct (Orlando RV Location

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
knoxcamper

Knoxville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/12 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wanted to share some quick thoughts about a recent purchasing experience with RV Direct and their Orlando RV Facility. I've been a fan up until last week. Buyer beware, unless you're buying locally!

Positive - their pricing structure. I remain highly satisfied with the price I secured for a new 2013 Jayco Melbourne 28F picked up last week. These folks have a great business model, as long as you don't mind funding a unit, paying taxes and buying insurance before ever seeing the unit.

Negative - the Demo down in Orlando was pitiful. I really was made to feel like a second class citizen. The 2HR demo turned to 6+ hours and I ended up pulling out of the lot without all items being addressed because I lost patience and confidence in their service operation. (One exception - tech named Nick seemed to be the only one who gave a darn). Issues included air conditioner not fully operable, Girard hot water heater not fully functional, passenger seat installed to close to the seat belt mechanism prohibiting it moving back, blemishes in the paint finish not buffed out, bathroom halogen light out, main entry door misaligned, and storage compartment rack misaligned. I may have missed a few items...

I had to empty the fresh tank myself before leaving, and had to rescure all doors, etc. myself. These folks simply forgot (or didn't care) about me. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

willald

NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/12 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

.....great business model, as long as you don't mind funding a unit, paying taxes and buying insurance before ever seeing the unit.

We considered RVDirect when we bought our MH several months ago, but did not go that route for precisely this reason.

The idea of being 100% financially committed to a unit before ever even seeing it....Well, I just was not willing to do that, regardless of the discount offered.

Like you said, if you lived close to Orlando and could look the unit over before buying it, it might be different, but that'd be the only way I'd consider them.

Sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with the demo and PDI. The problems you mention sound very typical of a new unit, and are usually taken care of by the selling dealer as part of PDI or during subsequent warranty service visits. Meaning, you most likely will be able to get those issues ironed out and move on.

Will & Angela
2 children that love camping, Stephen & Allison
2012 FR Georgetown 351DS on F53 (V10) Chassis
Our Rig

Hermosa

Cottonwood Heights Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/12 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like my experience with General RV here in Utah. I have never been treated like this when spending 100K. Unreal, the things nightmares are made of. Good for us, we just up and walked away from the deal.

Tom N

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What ever some may think RVDirect is nothing more than another RV dealer.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

knoxcamper

Knoxville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/12 02:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree with all comments above, I've just seen way too many complementary emails about these folks. I suspect if you can save $3k or more over local dealer cost, it is probably all worth the effort. Any less, think hard and think twice (I'd actually recommend you go running away for less!) I envy them in that their business model is different from other dealers, but down to the bone... you were correct, they are just dealers. And ones who does not care about their customers.

retired4fun2002

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/12 04:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought thru these folks a few years back....and predicated on that experience - I would buy from them again in a nano second. At that time, there was no FL outlet, just Albany NY and a pick-up outlet in Elkhart, IN. At that time, there no "demo models", you did your research, seen you could save big bucks and went for it! They got us better bank rate financing than our CU was offering, and we had no objections to having tags before we picked up. In summation, almost 8 years has elapsed, it save us big bucks, we have had no major problems. As we all know, businesses change methods and direction. Safe travels.

travisgsf

Houma, LA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/13 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

for those of you who bought from them, where do you get your service done?

Travis - Houma, LA
2012 Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Firestone Riderite Airbags
2013 Open Range RF367BHS
18K Pullrite Superglide

gsander1

Birmingham, AL

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You pay for the lowest price by receiving the lowest level of service. Nothing new here.

George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna

trappersgo

key largo,fl

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/13 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a motorhome from them 2 years ago. The lower price was not worth the trouble. I had an offer from Bates RV for a few thousand more that would have been cheaper in the long run. I have service done with Florida Outdoors in Stuart, FL. Nice people with quality work.

az99

Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/13 05:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have fun trying to get another dealer to fix the 100 warranty items that Jayco misses when they blow them out the door without checking anything.
Our local dealer will not touch Jayco warranty unless it was purchased from them.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Direct (Orlando RV Location
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS