Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What would you do?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What would you do?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
JayGee

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/12 11:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someone I know took their trailer in for service/repair and it came back with the black tank 2/3 full.

When it went in it came straight from a campground where the black and grey tanks were dumped and the fresh was filled. The toilet was cleaned and now it's not. After the service the trailer was brought home without checking before leaving the business, the fresh water was half or less and the black was 2/3 or more full. Who would think that they would do this? I have never checked mine after leaving it at the shop for anything.

What would you do? Obviously you could drive the 40 miles and take it back but would you do that or just dump it at the most convenient place and fuss about it to the management.

Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 12:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from ATC

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add a few bags of ice (removing the wrappers, of course), go for a drive, dump/rinse/flush, add water softener, some dish soap, and 3-5 gallons of water, call it done.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure but I would sure let the shop know about it as I can't imagine the management approving.

Jayco-noslide

Doug4.7

Hartselle, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to verify, the servicing didn't involve checking the plumbing, right? I could see, if I were "servicing" a trailer, I would make sure all the taps work, the toilets flush, the showers work correctly, etc. That might fill up a grey/black tank. I would of course EMPTY the tanks once I was done servicing the trailer and then refill the fresh water tank, but that teenager I hired as a gofer might be a bit slow...

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would definately let the dealership know. It is possible they have someone coming on the lot and "living" in various units and aren't aware. At the very least, they need to know if some of their employees are testing the units.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Without knowing all the details it's kind of hard to say what one would do.

However, if I took my 5th wheel in for work not related to the plumbing, with an empty black tank, and it was 2/3 full when I picked it up, you bet your butt I would drive the 40 miles back and find out what the blazes was going on!!

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Mocoondo

Chicago, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/12 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pull the trailer right up to the front door of the dealership and open the valves.

This is actually quite common. I can't tell you how many times I took a coach in for service and got it back in a "used" condition. Usually just holding tanks, but once had a tire/brake shop visit where I knew for sure someone had slept in the unit.

Now, I leave the valves open and cap off any time I take a unit in for service. I make them write that down on the service order and if the valve/cap position is different on pickup, I make them pull the valves open before they get paid.

IDman

colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You said it was someone else's trailer. Why aren't they asking for advice?

2oldman

Sprague Lake

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/12 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You mean the gauges actually work correctly ? It really is 2/3 full?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What would you do?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS