Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Camping close to Disneyland
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping close to Disneyland

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
willi997

USA, arlington wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/12 07:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at taking a trip to Disneyland, what we have been looking for or hoping for is that we could find a campground that would be close enough that we could walk there with smaller kids (3 year old and 1 year old) I have never been to the area so and ideas on where to stay and the best campgrounds. We are not apposed to having to walk a little ways if the area permits walking, I just don't want to have to try to cross many high speed roads. Any information would help

BroncosFan

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disneyland's own campground right there on the Florida property is nice.

Robert78121

Washington DC Area (NOVA)

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BroncosFan wrote:

Disneyland's own campground right there on the Florida property is nice.

You're thinking of Disney World. The OP is asking about Disneyland. I did a quick search of the forum as this topic has been discussed many times in the past.

Living full-time in the Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman S - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Ziphead2

Newark

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/12 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best place to stay is right in their campground. We had a great time and the activities they have are great for the kids, bonfires, ect.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AGAIN, The OP is talking about DINEYLAND and NOT Disneyworld.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2004 Forest River 25RKS many, many mods.
POS H0NDA eu2000i

YC 1

Yuba City Calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/12 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even though Disneyland has a couple of parks within walking distance you would need a stroller for both children. This is from 18 years with grandchildren. The three year olds will want to ride most of the time. If you stay at any of the local campgrounds you can driv to the parking garage at Disneyland. You then walk to a nice tram and ride to Downtown Disney which is very close to the entrance of each park. Having the car close you can go back and take a snooze in the vehicle on most days unless it gets hot. A new and improved rv park is right across the street. I think it is Anaheim Village. The other I believe is Anaheim Harbor. The newer one looks to have much more space. The older one was barely a parking lot and awnings will touch. We also stayed at orangeland which is just a couple of miles away and is very nice. The fourth escapes me but it has decent size spots but not much else. There is a shuttle that runs on somewhat of a schedule. I prefer to drive to the park myself.

H/R Endeavor 2008
2013 Ford Edge toad
Full Timers

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 10:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mind that while some CG's claim to be within walking distance, it's a mile+ which is a long trek after walking all day at DL.
Sorry but there is no CG across the street from either of the DL parks.

TripleE

Traveling the country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/12 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no campground within walking distance for children that age. Also, all the roads around Disneyland are high speed roads with multiple lanes (I think it is 6 lanes in all directions). Stay in a campground that offers a shuttle or drive to the park. The closest park is over a mile away. There are sidewalks so walking is possible but remember, you are going to spend a lot of time walking in the park, do you really want to walk that distance afterwards?

Bill & Treasa
Our Blog
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD
400 Cummins, Freightliner chassis
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4

tvfrfireman

Portland, Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/12 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are staying at the Anaheim Resort Park that has a shuttle. Five dollars gets you an all day pass to ride the shuttle. It looks to me like a twenty minute oe more walk each way. After being on our feet all day we will use the shuttle.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$5 isn't too bad a deal as it used to be $3 each way and that adds up with a family. OTOH it costs $15 to park at the resort.

I hate to say this since this is a RV site and all but we have found that it doesn't cost anymore in the long run to just stay at one of the hotels directly across the street on Harbor. They really are within walking distance (5 minutes from main entrance) and are close enough to go back during the day for a swim or rest. We've stopped taking the RV because this just works out so much better. Just a thought.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Camping close to Disneyland
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS