Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Putting In A Home Dumping Station
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Putting In A Home Dumping Station

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
WoodGlue

Los Angeles / Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/12 12:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How is this accomplished?

I'd like to add a 30 amp outlet, a water spigot and a dump station - for the times when I'm in the south, snowbirding at my sisters home in Jacksonville, FLA.

The 30 amp and the water are no brainers, so I'm really asking you where do you dump your junk at home?

The house is on septic, but the undergrounds of those are pretty far away from the driveway area.

Ideas, logistics, help?

Thanks

WoodGlue

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 12:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a sewer solution and 1" PVC pipe. I connected into my clean out pipe. I put a "T" in the middle upright and used a 1 and 1/4" slip by one inch slip and no leaks and with my regular faucet and garden hose I empty my tanks at home.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 01:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess it depends on how far away the nearest septic line is and whether or not it's downhill from the proposed station. If it's uphill you might have to opt for a macerator to get the job done.

I don't know how big your tanks are, but they probably don't hold more than a bathtub full of water each so they should drain in minutes even with a macerator.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 01:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are close enough you can use the cleanout near the house between the house and the septic tank. It may or may not be buried. You can unscrew the cap and screw in an adapter that you can connect your trailer hose to or get a foam donut made to slip over a smooth male adapter and then you stuff it into the female thread on the clean out. If it is below ground a nice sprinkler system access box would be helpful to keep from having to dig up the cleanout every time you need to use it.

Just be aware that you cannot use fermaldehyde tank treatments in your trailer black tank or any other chemical that kills bacteria because you will kill the useful bacteria in the septic system that makes the septic system work. The fermaldehyde can also leach into the ground in the leach field and cause other problems.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 06:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

actually for your 30 amp hookup, I would run one extra red wire of appropriate size so that anytime in the future you could easily wire up dual 30 amp circuits if you get a 50 amp coach.
bumpy

janechucknicodemus

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not want to break any crackers,,but I will. HE SAID septic system. If it were his own home, he "may" do this but drain it very slowly.. Someone else's home NO WAY. It may not be able to take the extra, and clog the system. ANY chemicals as mobeewan said will kill the action and the system will need to be cleaned out.
Power and water is OK

MY 2p,,

DO NOT do sewer at Sis's house.

Have a great holiday

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 07:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the clean outs close by, simply take the cap off, dump and replace the cap. If it is far away one of the mascerator pumps would be a down and dirty solution.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
The Other Dallas

Crazy Ray

Monroe,La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/12 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

www.myrv/us/eletric Woodglue this site miht help. JMO

RET ARMY 1980,DW Donna,"Tiny" (furkid). Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4SAMS 6V, 525W Solar , TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW: Honda CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream". NASCAR #11,14,18,20 LOVE CO,NM,AZ

lizbard

Nacogdoches, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/12 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before you install a 30amp outlet, have an electrician check to make sure there is enough room in your sister's fuse box (or outlet box). Luckily, I had added an extra box when we remodeled the house so 3 years later when I had the 30amp installed, it was legal. We hook up to the city water or fill the fresh water. Even if you only park in her driveway or a rock or concrete pad, it will help her in the long run if you purchased a building permit for the electrical and/or the water.

In order to empty the black and grey water, we either go to one of the RV repair shops during their office hours or pay a campground $10-15 dollars to dump. Sometimes, if they have cable, we pay about $25-30 for a camp site and take a break for the nite. Especially if it is not too hot. Our RV is a guest bedroom or my runaway place if I get tired of too much sports or old movies or Christmas stuff.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/12 06:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check into the FLOJET 12VDC pumps. They will adapt to your blackwater tap and mercerator things and shoot it down a 3/4-inch hose for up to a couple hundred feet. All is controlled by hand held pushbutton. They claim to dump a 30 gal tank in just minutes.
This is the FLOJET 18555-000 Waste Water Pump Kit available from AMAZON

Sample photo from google images

These come in a nice plastic carry kit good to have along with the RV TOOL box... I have seen guys have an empty wheeled waste tote in the bed of the truck and fill it with the trailer waste and head for the dump site and let it gravity flow into the dump. No mess whatsoever....

AT home you could adapt to the septic vent pipe or just let it flow down one of your inside pots feeding thru an open window.

Something portable to look at and it does work great they tell me...

Roy Ken

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Putting In A Home Dumping Station
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues