Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club’s 2013 RV Rally Syracuse, New York
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Good Sam Club’s 2013 RV Rally Syracuse, New York

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
mike54

Crystal Lake,IL. GO BEARS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/12 12:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

June 13 through 16 who is planning on going?
I'm making plans to go. Going to Niagara Falls on the way and then going through Canada heading back home.

Mike & Marsha
West Allis Sunshiners
2007 Montana 3500rl
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel

mac51

Western Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/13 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be going. Ist time in Syracuse. First trip of 2013.Retiring end of May.

2002 HR Vacationer 32pbd Ford V-10
Davis Tru-Trac/Bilsteins
Henderson rear trac bar
2011 Cruze

wkswenson

USA - MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/13 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Planning on trying to get out and attend. First Rally in many years... Last National Good Sam Rally I attended was in 1979 or 1980 and was in either Lincoln IL or Bowling Green KY - Have all the patches and flags from when I was a kid.

Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
RETIRED: 2002 F350 Crew Cab, DRW, 7.3L, Curt Q24K
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

boubou64

kingston

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/13 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just booked the trip this morning! This will be our very first RV Rally.
Looking foreward to it

http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens

wkswenson

USA - MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/13 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just booked the Rally in Syracuse! Bring on the Camping Season! We are actually heading the opposite direction... The Rally then heading to Niagara after the rally for a long week out... Kids will drive up to meet us there for a family vacation.

* This post was edited 02/01/13 02:03pm by wkswenson *

mike54

Crystal Lake,IL. GO BEARS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/13 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After starting to plan the trip I found out I can't get the time off from work. But our big summer trip is still on we are going west instead of east. Escapees escaped is in Gillette WY the 4th of July week so we are going there and then to the Black Hills in SD should be a great trip. Maybe next year will be able to get to a Good Sam rally.

wkswenson

USA - MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/13 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok anyone familiar with the New York Fairgrounds for The Rally in NY? – They list it as “no water” – anyone know if they have a supply of water to fill the tank with? I would rather not haul 60 gals of water if there is water available…

CNYRVers

CNY

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/13 12:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live right cross the lake from the NY State Fairgrounds/Empire Expo. I am well familiar the fairgrounds. I practically live there going to the fair, events, trade shows, etc. The RVs are likely to be parked on parking lots that are NO hookups and NO water! I have been there enough to know that. On the grounds itself, the State Fair grounds has a number of buildings that are 100 years old. Some newer. And most of them have restrooms but no showers. The only way you can get water are made for gardening there or from bathrooms.. I am not sure how they are going to supply water. I do know the grounds has no dumping station. None of that. This is pure raw camping. It did say on the website about hookups. Perhaps the closest to the buildings with extension cords hook ups or they have generators just for hookups. This is something you will have to ask the Good Sam organization regarding the hookups. But mostly are raw basic camping without hookups.

My wife and I would like to camp but because of the cost just for basic camping of 200 dollars for just 3 nights. We might as well go camping ourselves at the state park for not even 60 dollars for same number of nights.

We would love to go right cross the lake to enjoy the rally but as for day admission, we did not like that either! It says you can't go to entertainment or any excurisons at the Rally if you just only going as day time. The cost is way much for not getting much free stuff to do there.

Another thing, the Rally advertisment in Highway is all wrong. The picture supposely showing what Syracuse, NY is like is wrong. It is not Syracuse. That picture in the ad is not Syracuse. It has to be another city because it showed some buildings we do not have here. They should have a picture focused on Clinton Square downtown or the Dome where Syracuse University is or even better, the NY State Fairgrounds/Empire Expo is located.. and at daytime, not night time picture to clearify.

So, we do not plan on going to the Rally. We feel because of cost and because of the way they are set up, no go. Really broke my wife's heart because she loves Reba McIntire who is going to be the singer there. It's a No Go for us. Really disappointed.

schwartzworld

Lake County, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/13 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I noticed is that if you get a Rally passport you can't get in on the first day, you have to wait until the second day. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Rally Passport
Passport reservations are available for those who wish to park off-site and drive their car to the Rally site each day. You will enjoy all the exhibits, activities, entertainment and prize drawings without parking your RV at The Rally site. Evening entertainment is open only to registered Rally attendees, and is not open to the day pass patrons.

Rally Passports are valid for admission starting the second early bird day and are $79 per person for Good Sam Club members.

rinkside7

Long Island, ny

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/13 04:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This will be our first national rally and we were wondering what to expect...Will it be difficult to bring dog? Are we packed in side by side? Room for tow truck on site? Shuttle buses back and forth? Thanks for any info!

2008 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4 Diesel Dually
2003 Travel Supreme 36RLSO Fifth Wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Good Sam Club’s 2013 RV Rally Syracuse, New York
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: