Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Dirt Car Nationals
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Dirt Car Nationals

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Donniecfd32

Franklin Township

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/13 05:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone making plans to head down to Florida for the 2013 Dirtcar Nationals @ Volusia Speedway park? A couple of buddy's and myself will be leaving the Dayton Ohio area on 2/16 and we'll be camping at the track until 2/23. If anyone would be interested in caravaning down with us or meeting up down there let me know. Great racing, good people and a great time.

Donnie & Shawn
2008 Silverado 3500HD D/Max Allison
2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3200 Epic
2003 Harley Davidson Roadking Classic
1998 EZGO Golf Cart

mudmaker

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/13 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought about going to East Bay this year. Have a couple friends that encourage me to go every year but work gets in the way. Haven't decided yet though. If I do I'll be flying down and getting a hotel though. I'd need a few more people jumping in with me if I were to consider taking the camper.

Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, and Kirsten
Heartland Big Country 3251TS
2013 GMC Terrain
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
08 Silverado 3500 DRW quad 6.6 Duramax
Yamaha 2000is x2

Donniecfd32

Franklin Township

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/13 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was very disappointed with Eastbay. Volusia Raceway Park is a much bigger, badder better track IMO. I get 3 or 4 of my buddy's, and we go down every year, and by splitting everything the cost isn't that bad. We camp right at the track. Go in to town and buy food/drinks for the week and we are pretty much set.

mudmaker

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/13 06:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think East Bay would work for me because it should be less crowded as a as accommodations and ease of travel. (Beings Daytona is the other side of the state) my friends usually go to both and rub elbows with Francis, Tim Logan and several other names in the business. I just don't think I can afford both this year. Both time and money are going to be better used at home on the job.

mudmaker

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/13 01:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I came down and went to Volusia for four nights instead of East Bay. Sitting at St Pete airport waiting for a return flight in fact. The racing was very good as was the weather. Went from a sweat shirt and jacket on Wednesday to just a tshirt and shorts tonight. Friends had a condo rented in Ormond Beach and wasn't huge but it worked for three guys trying to get their racing fix.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Dirt Car Nationals
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS