Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tent Camping: Tahoe Gear Glacier 14 Person Tent
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Tahoe Gear Glacier 14 Person Tent

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
campenmama

Southeast, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/13 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are trying to replace our Coleman that we loved but Coleman no longer makes the larger models. After 6 years and over a 100 logged trips it is time to looking into replacing.

Yes, I am looking for a 10x20 tent or so. Has anyone out there had any experience with the Tahoe Gear Glacier 14 person? See on amazon.com

Anyone have a Pinecrest 10+ turbo tent? How does in perform in the heat and humidity of the southeast of the USA?

Looked into importing Vango or Outwell. Great tents but ruled these out. Tried a pop up and the kids like the tent experience better!!! We are itching to start camping next month and any shared experiences or knowledge would be appreciated.

Happy Camping!

flyfishexpert

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/13 10:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have any experience with the ones you mentioned, but I am familiar with some of the tents from Bergans of Norway. They make a 12 person tent: http://www.bergans.com/products/default.........=7&ml2=&t=Lavvo%20L,%2010%20-%2012%20Men

Their build quality is outstanding, although the brand is hard to come by in the States as they just returned to the US market.

* This post was edited 01/05/13 02:08pm by flyfishexpert *

Beau Johnston

Living Overland

Follow us on Facebook!

buta4

MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/13 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might be interested in the Condo Tent by Eureka. 10.5' by 20'.

Have had mine for 12 years now.

The double-Wall construction keeps heat at bay very well.

Ray

campenmama

Southeast, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/13 07:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Ray,
I will look into the "Condo". Do all 10 windows zip up? Can the wall divider be pulled back? It sounds like the entire roof is mesh with one panel that can zip closed. I will call the company next week. They do not have many pictures on the website. Anything you would be willing to share would be GREAT!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy Camping!

campenmama

Southeast, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/13 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found different photos on other websites. Can anyone that has the Eureka Condo explain how the zip in windows work on the rain fly. Are all the windows on this tent zip up. Can not figure why my computer is PMS-ing but images can be found under google search.

This tent sounds interesting. Can't wait until Monday to call the company!!!

Happy Camping?

buta4

MA

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/13 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The pics shown on their site may be misleading.

The first shell, is basically a screened in area with some tent fabric around the sides and the top and the bathtub floor. This shell has LARGE mesh windows with a tent fabric zipper closure for rain protection but no outside view. Also has zippered mesh roof vents.

The second shell (fly) is all fabric with a couple of window skylights to match the zippered roof mesh areas in the screen room area and allow for ceiling ventilation. This shell reaches maybe three inches from ground level to allow air to flow between inner and outer shells.

Thirdly, there are large zip-on windows for the outside shell fly.

Thus, you can have the tent with screen windows open with or without the zip-on windows but, if it rains, gotta zip up the fabric over the mesh screens to keep dry. For heavy weather I use the zip-on outer shell windows as extra protection just in case and keep the inner shell windows open with mesh.

Been camping in 85 degree/F weather several times and never was uncomfortable. The two shells are a few inches apart from one another and provide a kind of insulatory effect.

The room divider is both able to be folded back or removed completely. Installed it provides a 2-foot by 10.5-foot area crosswise where we keep our clothes closet. The other side is where we keep the Porta-Potti.

BTW -- windows and doors zip up!

Any more questions .. shoot them at me.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Tahoe Gear Glacier 14 Person Tent
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS