Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Wal-Mart has doubled RV Service rates!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Wal-Mart has doubled RV Service rates!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Schell269

Hemet California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/13 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of days ago I took my 1ton class C in for an oil changes at the Hemet, Calif walmart. I always had good service in the past and prices were as posted -- About $32.00

Was informed this time that their prices had jumped for motor-homes to about $80.00 per oil change for the same vehicle as their nation wide rates have been increased.

There is no specialized reason for this increase, just the fact it is a motorhome. My motorhome requires less work than a standard vehicle as they do not vacuum the interior as they do with a car.

When I wrote a letter of complaint to the corporate office I was informed that they had changed their prices as of December 31, 2012 for motorhomes only! No raise in rates for cars or pickups.

Has anyone else experienced this price gouge? You may want to check prices before you sign the work order as you may be paying double for the same work that has been done prior.

I have since discovered there are other well qualified shops willing to do the same work for a fair price in my area. You may want to check your areas too.

Mtn.Mike

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/13 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never had an oil change at Walmart but I noticed today that it was $36.95 for a car which is also kind of high in my world.

Mike

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor pushed by a 2010 Honda Fit

smkettner

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/13 10:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe WM does not really want the bays filled with motorhomes.
It is their business to do as they like.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675 watts solar
Send a PM if I missed something

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/13 10:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My last oil change trip to Walmart was about 3 years ago, and they could not figure out how to get my oil filter housing off the Highlander. So they refilled the oil (already drained by then) and waived the fee. Not impressed, I haven't been back since.

I have done it myself a few times since.

Mike G.
2008 Toyota Highlander
sold trailer, shopping for another

johnrbd

San Joaquin Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/13 10:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can't take anything for granted. It pays to shop around for best deals, especially in the current economy. Thanks for the alert.

trop-a-cal

Palm Coast Fl

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/13 11:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think they realy don't want the RVing public even using their parking lots as they have baned overnight parking in many places. It may also be thehights and weights require them to have equipment that is very expensive such as lifts and taller buildings.

K9Sailors

NH

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 02:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A service provider raising their rates dispproprtionately in one area is their polite way of saying they really don't want that business. Taking your business elsewhere is voting with your wallet. The free enterprise system in action!

'04 Ford F150 4x4 5.4L V8
Former PU camper / current RV dreamer
'01 MacGregor 26X Sailboat

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 12:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Schell269 wrote:

A couple of days ago I took my 1ton class C in for an oil changes at the Hemet, Calif walmart. I always had good service in the past and prices were as posted -- About $32.00

Was informed this time that their prices had jumped for motor-homes to about $80.00 per oil change for the same vehicle as their nation wide rates have been increased.

There is no specialized reason for this increase, just the fact it is a motorhome. My motorhome requires less work than a standard vehicle as they do not vacuum the interior as they do with a car.

When I wrote a letter of complaint to the corporate office I was informed that they had changed their prices as of December 31, 2012 for motorhomes only! No raise in rates for cars or pickups.

Has anyone else experienced this price gouge? You may want to check prices before you sign the work order as you may be paying double for the same work that has been done prior.

I have since discovered there are other well qualified shops willing to do the same work for a fair price in my area. You may want to check your areas too.

~

Absolutely *OUTSTANDING* first post!!.

Since when do "we" get to tell any business what they should charge for a service performed?.

Don't like the (new) price?.

Easy solution - go somewhere else!.

The WalMart bashers are always complaining WalMart steals business from the "little guy".

Here's your chance to get away from the big box stores, find a local shop - and spread your wealth!.

Good luck!

~

* This post was edited 01/11/13 12:57am by ol Bombero-JC *

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 04:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Accusing WM of gouging is a little over the top don't you think? Go somewhere else!

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 04:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You were lucky they did it at all,our local walmarts do not even allow a dually,diesel pick up in their bays.But it's strange that the sams club does.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Wal-Mart has doubled RV Service rates!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS