Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Good Stuff From Quartzsite?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Good Stuff From Quartzsite?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
CVD

Corona, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are going to Quartzsite next weekend, mostly to people watch, walk around the RV show, and browse at the swap meet.

My recollection (from a trip several years ago) is there were lots of cheap tools and RV nick/nacks (i.e. Harbor Freight quality); and the booths for suppliers for new product were priced the same as you find on-line.

What sort of “stuff” have you found there that is worth buying?

Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 09:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Inside the tent it is hawkers holiday with China junk galore......the decent RV stuff is normally outside the tent, around the perimeter.

We refuse to go inside the tent anymore, after watching a person stand there and let his dog lift his leg and pee on another person. The dog owner actually watched the whole thing, then walked away as soon as the dog was done......

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/'10 Rzr or '13 Suzuki 500 riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

2oldman

Quincy WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not much. It's mostly junk.

ronniedean1234

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/13 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to Yuma instead, great flea market with quality stuff and also Mexican flea market.........

2012 Montana 3800RE/Level Up/Slide Toppers/MoRyde Hitch
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

smkettner

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/13 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mostly junk, prices did not seem that great.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675 watts solar
Send a PM if I missed something

RFCN2

MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 08:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are going next weekend also. We have a group of about nine motor homes. We go for the friends, good food, great company. Quartsite is a gathering place. We enjoy going. We only boon dock. Price is right on the camp spaces. Zero. We do buy some things, wife buys jewelry and I RV stuff. I enjoyed going through the RV show last year. Lots of booths and places trying to get you to go there. I am almost out of tank tablets so I can get them there. Good BBQ.

RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

cire

Roamin da USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/13 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of fun things to do in Q. The big tent show has made me smile in recent years. Every year there are fewer and fewer RV items in the tent and more and more t-shirts, jewelry and destination attractions. Prices have risen considerably in the last 9 years that I've been going to the show. Sometimes I think the crowds are down....maybe that is just my imagination.

Have a good time.

Eric Perplies
full timing since 6/04 with best friend and wife: Suzie
1996 Bluebird Wanderlodge, 42'
towing a 99' Honda CRV with M&G braking system.

Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/13 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent ladder flag poles..(Not cheap but worth it/sold in tyson wells) Got a head get a HAT..you can't miss this gal and her hat's are the best I have ever seen. They are gonna run you about $40 but well worth it. You can smash them in a suitcase if needed and they pop right back into shape. Tortilla warmers..cheap "Bling" Jewelry. Not to mention Silly Als pizza (the best) and Grub Steak for fish and chips...ok I know it's in the middle of nowhere but the food and happy hour is Great. Ice cream, Ice cream We pretty much go for the great group of friends we camp with and just having fun walking around and and viewing everything. Somehow we or should I say my significant other always finds something to buy. Have fun and enjoy.

2006 40ft Mandalay Quad Slide

aeejbe

Van Nuys, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/13 11:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ronniedean1234 wrote:

Go to Yuma instead, great flea market with quality stuff and also Mexican flea market.........

Whereabouts in Yuma --- & WHEN?

Galvanizd

Pacific Northwest..... For a bit.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/13 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes and No. Depends on what you might be looking for. Inside the tent, Progressive Industries selling surge protectors, is a great product and company. I renewed my Passport America membership inside the tent, another good company. Bought a great dog brush for my dog (Hey, wasn't my doggie doin the nasty deed) Other good products and the big thing for me is "the hunt" . Never know what you might find.

Outside the tent, found alot of junk tools. Mostly chinese made., but also found some good stuff I did need. Fuses, tie downs, awnings, grills, .hitch maintenance for my
Blue Ox.

So good and bad stuff, we'll be there later this week. 10th year. We like the atmosphere. Meeting old friends and generally being around and talking with people that like the same things we do. rving and traveling

We just dry camp for about 3 nights , hit the show for 2 full days and join the other 100k or so rv'ers , before we head over to Palm springs for some warm weather.

Gotta head, get a hat. Forgot about that lady. She's there every year.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Good Stuff From Quartzsite?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS