Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Rose Parade and RV's
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Rose Parade and RV's

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
KingoGoesRV

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/13 09:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all - very new to this forum so be patient with me.

We have just retired and hopefully will be using our RV lots more now that work doesn't get in the way.

The Pasedena Rose Parade has been on my bucket list forever and we just found a company that does a rally around it. The company is Fantasy RV tours. Has anybody been with them before? On their web site they list a bunch of major events that they have rallies at so am hoping someone on this site can tell me if they are worth going with.

Thanks for the help

tahiti16

Camarillo, CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/13 09:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on where you live and travel you may find reps staying there and putting presentations about the different trips. They are free to attend and no pressure to buy anything. Everyone we have met from the company has been very friendly and seems genuinely interested in what you think you want to explore and what they have they might fit that.

We have not been on a trip with them yet, not retired yet and many of their trips are to long for me to be away from work.

Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/13 11:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about the Rose Parade RV tours but I worked the TV trucks for over 25 years and know the drill pretty well (+ got to park the RV directly behind the grandstands )

If you are going to spend huge $$$ on that rally, make sure they provide or at least guarantee optional grandstand tickets at Orange & Colorado.. either street is fine. This is is where the bands and floats do their thing for TV. Any place between the Rose House and Orange and Colorado is good too. After that the chances of the mechanical floats doing their sometimes risky (to break) performances, or unique things are hit and miss, as are the bands.

There's not a bad seat in the house, but if you really want to SEE the show, this is where you need to be. Also, if you have seat selection, pick at least 1/2 way up on the grandstand. The show is way too big to be on the street regardless of it's coolness.

Can't comment on where the RV camp/ parking. I saw it once years ago, just can't remember where.

(Edit: iPhone spelling)

* This post was edited 01/15/13 01:30am by SCVJeff *

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

aslakson

Fulltiming in the Lower 48

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/13 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Rose Parade Rally organized by the FMCA is very good - you park at the Santa Anita Race Track, and the parade seats are top of the grandstand with the sun at your back, very near the parade start. I think that same rally is resold by a lot of the RV tour companies.

al

Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 46 of the lower 48 so far.

aviator

America the Beautiful

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/13 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A WORD OF CAUTION. I had paid in full for this past Rose Parade rally by Fantasy. I had open heart surgery and did not feel that I could make the trip to California and back to Florida this year. I wanted to initially apply it toward another rally but they wanted extra money to reschedule. I understood in the presentation that it would be a simple refund if there were medical complications accompanied by a doctor's letter. Buyer beware. They kept around $400 dollars. They wanted extra money plus the differential in tour prices to reschedule to another rally. I'm sure many enjoy the rally. We looked forward to this trip for many years. AS I SAID EARLIER, BUYER BE WARE

aviator

Dick A

Spokane

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/13 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really question the company's honesty and ethics if they refused a full refund due to a major medical issue.

I guess I'm not really surprised considering the decay of morals and ethics these days.

2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WAYMXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty

jim-darlene

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/13 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was sad to read the post by aviator. My husband & I are wagon masters & investors in Fantasy RV Tours. Yes Fantasy gives you cancelation insurance so if you have a medical problem you do not lose all the money you have paid for your trip. There is a 3% fee that we retain (not $400 for a $2,500 rally). We retain this money because, 1) we have already paid for all your tours, resturant reservations, rv park, etc. 2)we have to pay our staff to reschedule, cancel reservations, etc. The whole policy is in our catalogue & on our website. Naturally if you switch to a higher priced tour we have to charge you the difference in price. Remember, any changes if it be to cancel or change to another tour, takes time and paper work which means we have to pay someone or several someones to make it happen. We are an employee owned company.

SCVJeff

Santa Clarita, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/13 09:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jim-darlene wrote:

---snip--- We are an employee owned company.
Maybe you two as employee-owners can get together and figure out what went wrong..

jim-darlene

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 12:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok we have gone back and checked through 3 yrs. of Rose Parade cancels. The only one we found was for a couple who had switched tours 5 different times for one reason or another. When they canceled the Rose Parade it was 20 days before the rally began. We had already paid (in full) for their tours,rv parking, etc. With all the switches we charged a minimal amount or nothing at all. When they canceled we charged them $239.25 to help cover their cost that we could not recover. I do not know if this is the same people who posted on RV.net but that is the only one we could find. As stated before, if you think we have done something wrong please send us a private message and let us fix the problem.

KingoGoesRV

home

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/13 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for checking. This one hiccup has not changed our mind. We have booked for this year's rally and, fingers crossed, nothing will stop us from checking this one off our bucket list!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Rose Parade and RV's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS