Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: Campground Advice
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campground Advice

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
1oldtruck

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/13 07:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have any experience with the Ocean Canyon Campgrounds? Is it cost effective?

rv2go

Fulltime (Knoxville, TN).... or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/13 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Membership Campgrounds have to be used to be cost effective. Don't buy new. Look for a resale. If you like their parks, you might find a cheaper way to use them. A low cost membership in another Park that offers ROD will let you stay there free. That is the way we use Ocean Canyon Campgrounds.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Travel Photos

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/13 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No membership park would be cost effective for me because I am a state park camper. Only you can determine if you would use it enough to be worth it. I will say there are plenty of horror stories about CG memberships and their value. Make a good decision and I would add if you are not absolutely positive then don't do it. JMO

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

joeconnie

houma

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/13 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watch the price I have seen the prices vary from 5k to 14k for the same membership at different campgrounds Coast to Coast includes Ocean Canyon check them out on Coast to Coast camping.com

1oldtruck

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/13 07:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the input.

Dravid

New York

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/13 01:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Simply you will be able to determine when you might put it to use enough to be worth the cost. I will say there are plenty of scary reports with regards to CG subscriptions and their own worth.

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/13 01:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I belonged to one of these since 1997 and too late realized I'd made a terrible mistake. These deals are mainly for full timers or those who can go any time they want. I didn't have that kind of time but couldn't get out of the deal due to the fine print. Caution

garmp1

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/13 03:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree with fla-gypsy. We are B campers and differ from most posters here in regards to a good site, so we move often. We are very mobile and flit about regularly. State & Corp parks are the best! Consistently nice, clean and friendly. Why get tied down to a handful when there's so much out there to experience. JMHO!

Camping in a Sportsmobile. How much better can it get?

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/13 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Memberships work IF you use them frequently AND buy the cheap.

Never attend 'promotional tour/presentation' if you are interested in purchasing. Many of these programs have clauses that hold you to a 2 yr. exclusion.

If interested buy via resale.........many websites where you can purchase a 'full' membership for pennies on the dollar.

Membership(s)....with affiliate programs (C2C/RPI/AOR/ROD) works for us as we FT with travel every week/bi-monthly.
We use ALL campground options......State/Natl., COE, Public, Private, Memberships, Boondocking, Passport America and friends/families front yard.

Now if I could control fuel costs as well as we do camping costs without just parking truck I'd be a happier camper

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> Campground Advice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: