Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: How much to carry along
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How much to carry along

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Supercharged

Az.

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 08:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do weekenders carry a lot more along or folks who are gone for two or three months, or does it just look that way.

2005 Chev 5.3 Supercharged 395HP 425 T hp. Two wheels on front, 2 on back. one seat, tint windows. front and rear bumpers, headlights, windows. Door on each side. Heater, floor mats, 6 Reese candy bars, junk behind seats, some dirt. Pulls so hard.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supercharged wrote:

Do weekenders carry a lot more along or folks who are gone for two or three months, or does it just look that way.

I carry no more than I have too, and If at the end of the yer I see I haven't used it. Out it goes. Only things I carry that I don't use every trip, is the dry camping stuff, and not all of that.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers

GaryWT

MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 09:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some would say we carry more than needed but we like light and we like to cook. We carry a few chairs for around the fire, we put out a table cloth and for 3 or more nights set up the ez up. We have a carpet for under the awning to try to keep things cleaner and give the dog a place to lie. Some trips we even pull out the movie screen and projector to have a fire side movie. It is what we like to do.

ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR

Golden_HVAC

Fulltime, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 08:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen people who put out a couple strings of lights, table cloths over the picnic tables, and many other things to make camping "easy".

I just show up, set down the automatic jacks, turn on the auto satellite, and enjoy a comfortable weekend. Hardly get out a lawn chair.

Fred.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a fairly minimalist camper, I just have to put up a set of awning lights and drop a chair outside the door.

But let my wife come along for the weekend and I might as well get one of those house moving trailers and pull the house behind us

My guess is that weekenders haul more stuff because they don't have the daily experience of the full timer or long (months) timer to realize that most of it is just plain junk.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

summerhouse

Big Rapids, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/13 09:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We try to carry the bare minimum. The goal is to keep it easy and simple. No light strings, no tiki torches, no flags or spinners. I do however carry a couple table cloths. Some of those picnic tables are nasty!! Lol
Carry what is important to YOU though. I don't fault others for enjoying them and putting them out. In fact, I enjoy looking at them as I go for walks around the campground. I'm just not in the place yet where that's what I want to do...this summer anyway!!

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - 'Summerhouse'
Ford 6.8 L Triton V10 5spd

“Light hearted I take to the open road… Healthy, free, the world before me… The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.” - Walt Whitman

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 09:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to me putting up sting lights or what ever is too much work to put up and then take down. I don't use that stuff at home why use them camping. we like looking at the stares in the sky when we camp, not a bunch of lights on the TT

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/13 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We travel to a destination any where from several hundred miles away to several thousand miles away, and we don't camp. Gone at least a week to a month. We take along two nice folding chairs, a outside plastic table, and a couple cheap picnic table cloths. Also the Weber Q gas grill. I always bring along 10 or 12 small strip steaks, cause good steaks are hard to find on the road, also several pounds of our local ground beef. Would love to have a bigger coach with a freezer in the basement (my basement isn't high enough), or more meat markets out there! Otherwise we stock up as needed where ever we are at. Oh, we always take along lots of underware so we can last longer between laundromat visits, and comfortable walking shoes. Also the bikes. And the Dish tailgater. Sting lights???

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/13 09:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Supercharged wrote:

Not sure what you are referring to, we carry a couple lawn chairs, some awning lights, and a Weber Q grill.
Inside fully stocked kitchen, pots, pans, crock pot, and fried chicken is just not the same without a a Cast Iron skillet.
Closet is always full of enough cloths for at least a four day trip.

We don't yet worry about weight, the Cummins, pulls 6% to 7% at 55 to 60 mph.

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Hedwig and Precious.
Portland, OR.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins 5 speed, 3.55 gears, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstien 5100's, 273,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

eluwak

Orlando, FL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/13 09:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're weekend campers, but will spend a couple of week long trips camping this year. We don't carry a whole lot, but we don't really tailor what we bring for the trip either. Right now we have 250 lbs of stuff in the trailer, but figure that will grow as time goes.

1998 Chevy C2500 Suburban 454 3.73
2012 Ford F-150 EB CC 4x4 w/Max Tow (Sold)
2013 North Trail 28BRS

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How much to carry along
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS