Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Coleman Instant tent 14x10 measurements IN the bag..
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Coleman Instant tent 14x10 measurements IN the bag..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
TripleJfarm

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/13 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

does anyone have the coleman instant tent 14x10 model...
I need to see what the measurements are when its folded and IN the bag, to see if it fits in my trunk....

also, if you have one.... do you like it,,??

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/13 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the box is like 4ft by 1 ft by1ft

lgarcia

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/13 11:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the four person model, so I will respond to the "like" part. I give it a big thumbs up. It is easy for one 5ft. tall person to open and close - takes about 5 minutes. It even fits back in the storage bag. When we finish camping, it fits under the dinette in the TT.

It is the newer white/red/taupe version rather than the green version - I liked that the color scheme matches my TT. The white section did stain, so now it is a bit grayer in places, but I liken it to my trailer awning stains - it shows that I use it.

I use it mostly as a shed for the overflow of my little TT when camping so I rarely sleep in it, but is is good for either use. The grandkids love it as a play house when at home.

I put an inexpensive dollar store tarp under it, and another in it. I did nothing to it out of the box - no sealers etc. I have never had a problem with the zippers or with leaks. I stake the four corners with the original dinky tent stakes, but have never bothered with the guy wires and it has never blown away or folded over.

Laura, Rodney, and Elfie the Schnoodle
2012 Dutchmen 814RB; 2011 Dodge 1500 Hemi; 2012 Sun Dolphin Sportsman; 2003 Tracker Targa V-18

tplife

SoCal

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/13 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had one of these years ago from Costco, with slight pole configuartion differences, it's the same tent. It didn't get through one western campout without a pole issue due to its weak design vs. square footage of fabric. Wind and rain problems are obvious with the window design if you get any kind of serious weather. We moved on and bought Sierra Designs products with full rain flys that weigh less and perform better, just as other companies like BigAgnes, Mountain HardWear, Marmot, EMS, REI etc. would. We like Coleman stoves and lanterns (MagicChef is a bit too pricey for us), but you can do a lot better in tents from other manufacturers in the 10X10 size and use a seperate screen room tent for other uses. Most campsites won't give you much choice as to pitching location once your tent is larger than that, and why settle for 2nd best in your campsite? Given that, if you have to have a single big tent in this price point, maybe your other choices are limited for a summer family camping tent: you could do a lot worse.

* This post was edited 02/19/13 12:22pm by tplife *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Coleman Instant tent 14x10 measurements IN the bag..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS