Woodalls Open Roads Forum: The latest thing at a RV show... TVs and lots of them
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The latest thing at a RV show... TVs and lots of them

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Austin has an RV show, although it isn't even near what Quartzsite or other places offer. However, they have about five dealers showing off most types of rigs, from tent trailers to DPs with tag axles.

The one thing I noticed this year when it came to a new fashion -- TVs, TVs, and more TVs. Screens mounted on the ceiling. Screens popping up out of a cabinet. In-dash TVs that were watchable when the rig was parked. TVs in refrigerators. Screens mounted in shallow outside storage compartments. Screens located in a storage bay, then mounted to the side of the rig. After that, speakers and subwoofers. Of course with that are the satellite rigs that are roof mounted.

There were even inflatable movie screens.

Call me an old Luddite, but part of the reason I go RV-ing is to get away from that stuff.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First thing we had the dealer do when we ordered our present rig was put the "delete television" code into the order sheet.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

fatmanobx

Russellville, Ar. Home Base

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some folks spend a lot of time in thier rv's now days and don't want to give up what they have at home. If I was just going a day or two somewhere I wouldn't have one, but I like to watch the new and weather every night or so not to mention if it's raining outside...maybe a movie with the little woman...

2003 Four Winds Infinity 37'
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy
Ford F250 Super Duty

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/13 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whenever there is a discussion about "TVs" in an RV it means a different thing to us.

What it means to us is "a video screen for evening entertainment". There's nothing like curling up inside your RV in foul weather to watch a good DVD movie you brought along ... or a great Netflix documentary you're streaming from a cell tower using a cellular broadband modem. I'm interested in TVs in an Rv for those kind of uses.

Regarding watching TV channels when camping: I'm with the other posters in that this has no value for us when camping - except for watching the news if some major thing is happening in the world while we're camping.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

daveshan

Durango Colrado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/13 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Different strokes for different folks.

One of the first things I did after bringing the coach home was rip out the 19"/13" CRTs and put in 32" and 24" LED LCDs. My wife was just shaking her head wondering why I bothered. Turns out we rarely ever watch them, the only time I really use them is the week of Jeep Safari when the wife stays home and I'm alone in the coach in the evenings. The rest of the time we're enjoying the scenery or each other's company.

'99 Alpine 36SDS/8.3 ISC 330 Cummins
Or
'05 Lance 845
'06 Super duty SC/SB 6.0
Upgrades include: StabilLoads, Air Bags & Timbrens,Swaybars

Usually towing an '01 Wrangler, lifted/locked on 35"s or a mildly built '98 Cherokee on 33"s (only one locker)

Francesca Knowles

Port Hadlock, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 09:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Time was when the abbreviation "TV" in the RVing world meant "tow vehicle"...

" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

2oldman

Wilson Creek WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 10:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fine with me.

Gau 8

United States

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reading is fundamental. He said "inflatable MOVIE SCREEN!!!"

stevekk

CA/ OR border

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info on the new TV products and ideas.
Watching TV is like everything else... in moderation, I love TV when camping !!

mrkoje

Great Falls, MT

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/13 10:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mlts22 wrote:

Austin has an RV show, although it isn't even near what Quartzsite or other places offer. However, they have about five dealers showing off most types of rigs, from tent trailers to DPs with tag axles.

The one thing I noticed this year when it came to a new fashion -- TVs, TVs, and more TVs. Screens mounted on the ceiling. Screens popping up out of a cabinet. In-dash TVs that were watchable when the rig was parked. TVs in refrigerators. Screens mounted in shallow outside storage compartments. Screens located in a storage bay, then mounted to the side of the rig. After that, speakers and subwoofers. Of course with that are the satellite rigs that are roof mounted.

There were even inflatable movie screens.

Call me an old Luddite, but part of the reason I go RV-ing is to get away from that stuff.

WOW I don't know what I would do if I missed part of an episode of Jersey Shore while I got my self a beer out of the fridge! HAHA

I didn't even know they made such thigns as inflatable TVs! Of course I might have missed your sarcasim

I too go camping to get away from technology. I don't and will not have a TV mounted in my rig. I've got a nice piece of artwork mounted where the TV would go in my TT.

I only boondock though so I can get out in the wilderness. I understand that some people live on the road and that's great. I would probably have a TV as well if I was a fulltimer or even went a Nascar race or Packers game! GO PACK

Anyways - inflatable TVS maybe they save on the weight!

Desert Fox 29SB
Ram 2500 4WD 6.7L CTD
Polaris RZR 1000XP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> The latest thing at a RV show... TVs and lots of them
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts