Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tent Camping: Group Tent Site near NY
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Group Tent Site near NY

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
ydchoe

New York

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/13 01:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone know nice group tent sites that can accomodate 120 people near NY (or in NJ, PA, CT)? I am trying to organize my church trip. Thanks.

Camper Mama Bear

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/13 07:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know one specifically, but try the state parks, most of them have group sites. I think Mahlon Dickerson, Morris County (NJ) Park, has a group site as well, with the layout I think it may be bigger then some the state park group sites.
with the layout of some of the state parks, you could get a cluster of sites if they don't have a group site, and set-up as a group area...try Spruce Run (NJ) as an option for that type of set-up.

Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

deadticket8

All over

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/13 07:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you familiar with Lake George in the Adirondacks? Silver Bay YMCA is on the northwestern shore of the lake. They host many church groups and have all kinds of activities on their 700 acre campus. Go to their website at silverbay.org. They have not hosted such a large tenting group lately but I am sure you can make arrangements. There are cabins,cottages,no frills rooms,hotel,tent platforms in the woods hiking trails, beaches, boats,tennis courts,chapel, meeting rooms of all sizes etc. They serve 3 meals a day at the dining hall. Special clergy and military discounts. It is a beautiful area in the small town of Hague NY. There is internet but there are no tvs or video games. Really a great atmosphere.

bigdaddogg1

Martinez, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/13 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might try Ives Run in Tioga, PA...just south of the NY border. It's a Corps of Engineer campground. I've only stayed there in my 5th wheel, but I did see a ton of tent campers around. The last time I was there they had a large motorcycle rally going on, so I assume they have sufficient tent sites. Give them a call.

Have fun!!!

"The only bad thing about being retired is you never get a day off"

2006 Sunnybrook 28RKFS 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Diesel 6 speed auto

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tent Camping

> Group Tent Site near NY
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tent Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: