Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Roaming RVers July Rally at Tallulah Gorge SP
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers July Rally at Tallulah Gorge SP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/13 06:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our July rally of 2012 will be at Tallulah Gorge SP located in Tallulah Falls, GA on July19th thru 21st. You will have to make reservations by phone (706) 754-7979, let them know that you are with the Roaming RVers and they will try to put us close together.

Here is some info on the park; One of the most spectacular canyons in the eastern U.S., Tallulah Gorge is two miles long and nearly 1,000 feet deep. Visitors can hike rim trails to several overlooks, or they can obtain a permit to hike to the gorge floor (100 per day, not available during water releases). A suspension bridge sways 80 feet above the rocky bottom, providing spectacular views of the river and waterfalls.

Exhibits in the park’s Jane Hurt Yarn Interpretivje Center highlight the rich history of this Victorian resort town, as well as the rugged terrain and fragile ecosystem of the area. The persistent trillium, monkey-face orchid and green salamander are protected species found within the gorge. An award-winning film takes viewers on a dramatic journey through the gorge, including footage of rock climbers and kayakers. A gift shop offers snacks, jewelry, toys, books, walking sticks, clothing and more.

This is an open rally and All are welcome to join in, for newbie’s this is a gathering of all kinds of campers just for camping fun, fellowship and of course plenty of eating. We will get together Saturday night for dinner with a theme and will have an outing of some kind to venture away from the campsite. So you'all come join in for a great camping adventure!

Attendees:
gottarungottacamp
Pawpaw48
Babb28
ATLJohn
pritch272
Sharon & Mike
Bob & Jan

* This post was last edited 06/10/13 06:00am by GottaRunGottaCamp *   View edit history

Locky

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/13 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lived in Michigan my whole life but my Mom was from Mountain City which is just north of the gorge. I remember as a kid when we would go visit my Grandparents we would always go there and I was so fascinated by the place. If only I lived closer it would be a treat to camp there and take my kids and grandkids. Well I think I just added something to my bucket list.

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/13 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Locky wrote:

I lived in Michigan my whole life but my Mom was from Mountain City which is just north of the gorge. I remember as a kid when we would go visit my Grandparents we would always go there and I was so fascinated by the place. If only I lived closer it would be a treat to camp there and take my kids and grandkids. Well I think I just added something to my bucket list.

My wife and I have always enjoyed this park, not only great views but there is alot to do in the area!

Locky

West Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/13 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't been there since 1978 when I was 12. But I bet I could still find the house my Mom grew up in that is located on a mountain.

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/13 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well you could put a check mark on that bucket list and come join us in July, we always welcome new comers to the group.
Mark & Janice

Pawpaw48

Locust Grove, GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/13 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mary and I will be there. Made our reservation for Thursday-Sunday.

2006 F250 6.0 Diesel "dealerproofed" by Powerstroke Diesel in Buford, GA in May, 2013, Firestone airbags, 4" exhaust with deleted CAT, 2008 Bighorn 3100RL with TrailAire TriGlide and Ground Control Systems electric leveling

pritch272

Martinez, GA

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/13 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Booked 7/18 (Thursday) x 3 nights.

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/13 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good deal Mike, I got you added to the list

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/13 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy Mothers Day to all the great moms, you'all are fantastic!

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/13 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK Fellow campers, the campsite still has 5 sites left and are willing to hold them one more week, so lets make this a great rally like we always do and invite all your freinds and be sure to tell them when you make your reservations that you are with the Roaming RVers
Mark & Janice

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers July Rally at Tallulah Gorge SP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS