Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Why Do You Post Here?????
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Why Do You Post Here?????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
woodgeezer

Greater Salt Lake Valley,Utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/13 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thought came to me after trying to answer a question about......

Inane??? Totally, I had no answer.

I think we are a community of folks who choose to be a little outside center. That is not a left or right question, but we don't march to the major drummer. We see things with a little better focus, and a more discerning eye. We have a lot of different views of the world, but we all seem,usually to accept the different point of view. And yet some of us hold dearly to the "I have to be the best, or I have to impress the others" model.

Simply put, we are here for a lot of reason, most of which is validation. If having the biggest and best rig, twists your knickers, or you got your water heater to work..... They are both points of view.

I drive a small C with me and Kasey on board, and frankly he cares more about you "too small camp ground issues" than I do. I am here to help and to learn from others who have already gone down the wrong path and found a better way.

There are those here who take great delight in making others feel small or insignificant, and they really piss me off.

If you have something positive to share, lets hear it. If you are a negative Ned, speak to the back of my hand, I have no time.

Nine years ago, I had the pleasure of founding an exceptional group that was dedicated to professional growth in a specialized industry. It worked well for several years. How many out there want something good here????????

Mike LeClair

Wetaskiwin, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/13 11:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, Sir, as a relative noob on this web site I have to agree! I can't, for the life of me, understand why some of the "others" on the forum find it so necessary to lash out with acerbic, biting, hurtful and sarcastic input. I also am overwhelmed with the number of folks who seem to have to pump out their chests and bragadociously go on about their personal acquisitions, wealth, number of Hogs in the garage etc. etc.. I dunno, I'm just a poor simple retired guy with a wife and a dog trying to eek out a nice, simple life of full time RV'g.

Cheers!

Mike

Something Old, Something New
1999 Dodge RAM 2500, 5.9L 24 valve CTD, Edge Juice w/Attitude, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust.
2011 Cougar 318SAB
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 12:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I post here because my girlfriend's eyes glass over and she has a blank stare when I explain RV systems........

Kinda like the same thing I do when she shows me a new stitch, pattern or set of knitting needles she has found at a thrift store.......

Good thing I have rv.net and she has her kitting site

2007 RAM 3500 QC LB SRW 5.9L CTD 48re 4:10 4K in bed 'quiet genny'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
Hit the Road Debt Free & Clear April '07
Came off the road still Debt Free & Clear Jan. '14

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 12:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A wise now-deceased member of our family once said "Now that I'm old enough to have all the answers no one asks me any questions."

I post here because there's plenty enough questions here to try out all my answers on.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

sleepyT

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 04:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with all four posts ahead of mine. I have only been camping since 2009. One of the things that impressed me the most was how friendly camping folk were. We seem to get plenty of NASTY in everyday life. I camp and post on this site and others for RV'ers to learn and talk to like minded people. So let try to keep it CIVIL and enjoy all the different points of view.

ROSIE&TOMMY
2007 GMC 2500HD DURA MAX/ALLISON
2013 CRUISER PATRIOT 305SK

IN GOD WE TRUST
SEMPER FI

sleepyT

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 04:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like minded as far as camping. All other points of view on other subjects are always considered.

hammer21661

Eastern Shore MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 04:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The good old internet, Making people tough since like '93. I like to find different ways to work on my stuff and offer some info on subjects I know a little about and maybe someone will get a chuckle out of one of my posts.

07 Ram 3500 Quad cab DRW Cummins 6.7,6 speed auto, Larime 4x4 long bed 11/17/12
04 Club Car Precident
2013 fuzion 322.8/25/2012
2000 Yellow Lab mix Dog, Earl,The One who gave me Unconditional Love picked up 9-12 or 13, 2001 till 2-7-2014 may he r.i.p.

NanciL

Bakersville, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 05:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why did the chicken cross the road ?

Jack L

Jack & Nanci

Roundtwo-40

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to see positive attitudes as well, in addition a sense of humor would be nice..We don't deal with alot of life or death topics here but there are some that get terminally offended if someone cracks a joke.

2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 06:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL! There is not an Internet Forum in existence where the thinned skinned will last very long...... People are what they are and the distance that the internet & keyboard puts between people, provides many with great courage! ;-)

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Why Do You Post Here?????
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts