Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Curious locked threads.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Curious locked threads.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some threads are locked/deleted for obvious reason....but,
I just can't seem to get a grip on why some other threads and locked and some are left open.

Case in point:
A thread about false teeth being dropped into a black tank was locked...fun and hilarious and ridiculous.

A thread about "pop tart" guns is still running. Also, fun and hilarious and ridiculous.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."
GMC Duramax LBZ
Komfort
Reese Dual Cam HP
Our Rig Picture...CLICK HERE

dieharder

Ottawa, ON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The main thing I can see is that the pop tart thread is obviously a joke, there is nothing that can be taken seriously about that. The other thread is probably some kind of joke presented as a real issue. Hooking people in like this could lead to some other real, although ridiculous-sounding, issue being mocked and getting no help to resolve it.

1999 Itasca Sunrise

BurbMan

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've found that some of the moderators here edit the forums they moderate according to their personal tastes...perhaps one of the mods here had previously dropped their own false teeth into their black tank and didn't think it was funny....

You'll also see that there is no consistency between the various sub-forums; for example the false teeth thread may have gotten locked by the mod here, but if that same thread had been running over in beginning RVing or fifth wheels that mod may very well have allowed it or even contributed to it.

I think the forum has good policies and guidelines regarding what is considered acceptable posting material, but some of the mods here edit like it's running on their own personal server...

Now watch as this thread get locked, or better yet deleted with no explanation like it never existed.

2001 Suburban 2500LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry TT
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Dill TPMS, CorrecTrack alignment, LT tires

dodgerdog

Whittier California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 10:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moderators get grumpy.... but there lies the key.......

Mike C.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 10:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My reason for starting this thread was:
RV'ing is suppose to be fun. In my opinion both threads were simply fun.
(but I fully realize that this is just my opinion...and according to my wife, my opinion is very often wrong.)

BurbMan

Louisville, KY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These are the Forum Rules:

Consider the following guidelines before posting:

1. We reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason.
2. You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from one of the Open Roads Forum moderators.
3. The use of profanity is not allowed. An "integrated watchdog" will monitor your post and attempt to expunge objectionable language.
4. "Flaming" of other participants is strictly forbidden. Professional conduct and respectful behavior towards other members and moderators is a primary requirement for participation on the Open Roads Forum.
5. Spamming, in any form or registering multiple names, is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice.
6. You may not use the Open Roads Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors. This includes direct posts, member name, URLS in your profile or signature, as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet.
7.You may include URLs or active links to commercial sites for the purpose of expanding on comments or providing additional information as part of regular forum interactions.
8. You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts.
9. Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed.
10. Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
11. You may post about problems you have with a product or organization, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack them is strictly forbidden.
12. Political and religious posts, pictures, links, signatures etc. are not allowed in these forums and may be removed without notice or discussion.
13. The forum administration will review any and all selected screen names. Members whose screen name choice is found to be objectionable for any reason will be notified and asked to submit a new screen name. Noncompliance will be grounds for eliminating forum posting privileges.

The above rules will be strictly enforced. Continued violations may result in loss of Open Roads Forum privileges and complaints being lodged with your Internet Service Provider. Open Roads Forum reserves the right to refuse and/or revoke membership to anyone without notice. If a member name is banned, it may not be reinstated.

If a question regarding these rules arises, Rule #1 applies....

Downtheroad, I agree and don't see why that thread would be locked either...usually the mod will post "I am locking this thread because...", but I guess not in this case. In fact there's no way to tell who locked it....

BlizzardBuzzard

South Windsor, CT, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/13 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sure hope this thread doesn't get the Pop Tart thread locked. We'll be upset with you if it does. LOL.

Dave, N1ACM
2004 Dodge Ram 2500HD, Quad Cab, Long Bed, Cummings
1999 Prowler 285S, 5W & 2008 Fun Finder X-160
Reese 15K, Prodigy
Luhrs 3400MY & Trophy 2302

jerem0621

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have kids and they are really into RV'ing too.

Looking att the rules above this is a PG site for the most part. I'm not trying I speak for the mods but in my experience they have done an outstanding job maintaining a forum that is friendly to all ages and genders.

Also, for some reason, mods don't like to be thanked publicly. There have been several "thank you mods" threads over the years. They get locked too. .

Thanks

Tent: Ozark Trails Cabin Tent (circa 1993)
Pack Mule: 2013 Kia Sorento

"It's Kind of Fun To Do The Impossible"
~Walt Disney~

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 11:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too many people use this forum as a chat room, that's the problem.

nitrohorse

pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/13 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also wonder why some posts are closed. I respect the job the moderators do on this forum, but I think it would be helpful to send a message to the OP of a closed post to explain the reason so that the same mistake is not repeated. I started the teeth in the black tank thread in fun. I guess my humor may have offended someone, and for that, I do apologize. I will stop posting my humor threads from now on.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Curious locked threads.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 Woodalls | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS